Formula One fans: Schumacher and Alonso onboard lap comparison

Finality

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Good comparison though the laps wheren't the best of each driver so its hard to compare.... Michael is known for having a lot of mental capacity to fiddle with the settings as he likes though.

I'd really like so see how they both did in Sakhir as well as a vid of Kimis and Nicks fastest laps both those guys tore up the track.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Those were both their best qualifying laps... so yeah not their fastest laps of the weekend.

Nico Rosberg had 19 0f the 50 best laps of the race. :cool:

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Finality
Good comparison though the laps wheren't the best of each driver so its hard to compare.... Michael is known for having a lot of mental capacity to fiddle with the settings as he likes though.

I'd really like so see how they both did in Sakhir as well as a vid of Kimis and Nicks fastest laps both those guys tore up the track.

Kimi was amazing. With more fuel on board he managed to claw his way from 21st on the grid to finish 3rd. He probably could have set fastest lap if his car weren't so heavy at the beginning of his stints (by the end his tires were probably pretty shot).

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus

Kimi was amazing. With more fuel on board he managed to claw his way from 21st on the grid to finish 3rd. He probably could have set fastest lap if his car weren't so heavy at the beginning of his stints (by the end his tires were probably pretty shot).

Actually, Kimi said he could've done the whole race on one set of tires... lol. He got that McLaren hooked up that whole weekend. JPM on the other hand... :confused:

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: bR
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus

Actually, Kimi said he could've done the whole race on one set of tires... lol. He got that McLaren hooked up that whole weekend. JPM on the other hand... :confused:

I think Kimi is one of those rare talents in F1. I really hope he can reap the rewards for his talent.

JPM was complaining that his engine should have been changed, that it wasn't as fast on the straights. Ron Dennis had the final say in that matter though.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
There's a rumor that Michael has extended his contract at Ferrari AND Kimi has signed on as well. :D That would be one hell of a team if it were true.

But, I personally think that Michael isn't as fast as he used to be.

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
Interesting video but anyone care to explain what the heck he's doing?
<---- knows nothing about F1 but likes it.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by: everman
Interesting video but anyone care to explain what the heck he's doing?
<---- knows nothing about F1 but likes it.

He's adjusting brake bias, which is the front/rear distribution of a car's braking power. It's normal for drivers to adjust it during the race to compensate for any change in the car's handling over a race distance. But I think he did it around 6 times in that lap alone. :confused:

Finality

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: bR
There's a rumor that Michael has extended his contract at Ferrari AND Kimi has signed on as well. :D That would be one hell of a team if it were true.

But, I personally think that Michael isn't as fast as he used to be.

No way Kimi would be foolish enough to sign with Ferrari if Michael was still around.

Ferrari only has space for one driver in its lineup, Kimi would sign if was lifted tot he number one spot. Personality wise Kimi fits in well with McLaren I cant see him fitting in well with Ferrari.