Formula Boinc 2014 News

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
I switched from GPUGrid (1.5 million RAC) to MW and am now doing 250K per day.
Thanks biodoc! I've been trying to lower mine.

I've been suspending Collatz WUs at 99.1% - nine of them so far :)
I'll dump them on the first.

One got through early today, kind of like in Jurassic Park ... WU finds a way :)

Less than two days left!

We are pretty secure except maybe in Rioja, if they get WUs and maybe in Volpex? (I've been unlucky getting WUs)

It is possible we could gain two points in Gerasim.
:thumbsup:

salvorhardin

Jan 30, 2003
We're now at 9,910,629 rac. I've started switching my gpus over to f@h. I tried registering on gerasim, but I keep getting errors when I try to register. I'm currently attached to rioja but I haven't received any wus.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Rioja only gets a few new work units every day or two. Just leave computers attached so they can request work while working on other projects. I don't know why you can't register on Gerasim. I'm running that one without any problems, but I have had the account for a long time...

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Is it OK to wind down the WUs on MW@Home, in preparation for doing the F@H race (need to crunch 10 WUs on these PCs with passkey for bonus points)? Or do we still need the MW@Home support for Formula BOINC?

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
in preparation for doing the F@H race (need to crunch 10 WUs on these PCs with passkey for bonus points)?
I think, if you have a passkey with 10 WUs on it, it is good to go for all your PCs.

Or do we still need the MW@Home support for Formula BOINC?
Again, I think, we are in good shape with the Formula BOINC Race:
1. It ends in 26 hours.
2. We are good in GPU projects.
3. We are good in CPU projects, except maybe if Rioja gets WUs and very slim possibility in Volpex.
4. We just gained two points in Gerasim!! :)
5. So now we have a three point lead for a cushion - we can lose two points and still keep our position!!!

So everyone involved in this thread can make sure they are getting bonus points with their passkey in F@H.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Again, I think, we are in good shape with the Formula BOINC Race:
1. It ends in 26 hours.
2. We are good in GPU projects.
3. We are good in CPU projects, except maybe if Rioja gets WUs and very slim possibility in Volpex.
4. We just gained two points in Gerasim!! :)
5. So now we have a three point lead for a cushion - we can lose two points and still keep our position!!!
So, whatever happened with Formula BOINC? Are there any official results to check out?

Edit: Oh, results at link in OP. Kind of wierd seeing our TeAm in league 2, when most of the teams that we compete with in, say, the PrimeGrid races, all seem to be in league 1. Makes it seem like AT is in the kiddy league.

Last edited:

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Our RAC is below 10M.

Every team in League 1 is above 10M RAC.

That we compete in PrimeGrid races with top teams says alot :)

As far as kiddy league goes: Crystal Dream, a team we passed near the end of the race, has a RAC one fifth of ours :eek:

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
If we all focused on a small handful of projects and got #1 in each of them the way Crystal Dream does, we'd probably have a few more total Formula points. But that's not how we work here, and I prefer the way we do it. :)