Former MMA champ Ronda Rousey joined WWE (pic)

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

1615220452872.jpeg

She last fought for UFC in Dec 2016.
Sher joined WWE in 2018.

At first i thought this will tarnish her legacy.
from legit mma champ to phony wrestler.

then i read what she said:
There are other things I can do with my time that'll make way more money, but I won't enjoy nearly as much. The only thing that money gets you is the freedom to choose how you spend your time and who you spend you spend your time with. I don’t want to be constantly stuck trying to make money for the sake of making money.”

Props for enjoying your job!

Reactions: Captante
Nov 8, 2012
I'm a total UFC outsider, so I don't know the full story with Rhonda, but I she seemed like someone that had a pretty hefty fan base - but last time she was up on big name fights she was getting the shit kicked out of?

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
She was unstoppable for a while. I believe she had the fastest victory in UFC history, her jumping and spinning arm bar, until Masvidal made Ben Askren look like a fool. But in her bout against Holly Holm she played into Holm's plan of keeping it standing and took a round kick right to the jaw. Knocked her out cold. It killed her confidence and she was never the same. After a couple of failed comeback attempts she hung up the gloves and shortly thereafter signed with the WWF.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I watched her last UFC fight from a restaurant in Maui. When she was on her streak was the only time I've ever really gotten into UFC. For some reason I don't mind watching the women, but find the men's a bit too violent for me. I have no issue with boxing, I think I just can't stand watching a guy beat the shit out of another guy on the ground.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
No doubt the WWE IS fake wrestling.

HOWEVER the wrestlers are NOT fake athletes any more than a troupe of Chinese acrobats are.

If you doubt this, try climbing on top of the turnbuckle (corner of the ring) then dive into the air and land on top of another large man ON YOUR STOMACH. Then continue like nothing happened.

Don't worry I'll come visit you in the hospital! ;)

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
No doubt the WWE IS fake wrestling.

HOWEVER the wrestlers are NOT fake athletes any more than a troupe of Chinese acrobats are.

If you doubt this, try climbing on top of the turnbuckle (corner of the ring) then dive into the air and land on top of another large man ON YOUR STOMACH. Then continue like nothing happened.

Don't worry I'll come visit you in the hospital! ;)
Lesnar said he went to MMA because it was easier on his body than rasslin'. Pointed out that if he was injured training for a fight or in a fight, you get an automatic medical suspension. Where as with rasslin', even when injured, you are expected to walk down that runway, get in the ring, and put on a show.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Trading real combat for a rope opera sounds about right for someone who got the absolute piss beat out of them by Holm and never really got over it.

That fight still makes me cringe, but I thought she was out all the way now. Last I heard she and her man were taking a vacation to knock her up.

Another shout out to the rope opera fans to be honest with themselves - you're not there to watch any kind of athletic competition, because there isn't any. You're there to watch big muscly men grapple with eachother while playing pretend. "Wrestlers" are treated like expendable props and discarded with almost zero support when their bodies are shot. How others get so enthralled by it all is beyond me. There's real sports and better drama out there people.

Last edited:
Reactions: dank69 and SKORPI0
Mar 11, 2004
Trading real combat for a rope opera sounds about right for someone who got the absolute piss beat out of them by Holm and never really got over it.

That fight still makes me cringe, but I thought she was out all the way now. Last I heard she and her man were taking a vacation to knock her up.

Another shout out to the rope opera fans to be honest with themselves - you're not there to watch any kind of athletic competition, because there isn't any. You're there to watch big muscly men grapple with eachother while playing pretend. "Wrestlers" are treated like expendable props and discarded with almost zero support when their bodies are shot. How others get so enthralled by it all is beyond me. There's real sports and better drama out there people.

You're a fucking dumbass if you think anyone over like 8 watches wrestling as some sort of legit competition these days. Most people are watching it specifically for the reason you can't understand it (and honestly, not sure if you've noticed but wrestling has lost tons of viewers so in general people aren't watching it as much as they used to).

While wrestlers are treated like shit (and motherfuckers like Hogan actively sabotaged any effort to unionize so as to keep his own personal paychecks and place), acting like MMA and other "legit" fighting doesn't treat people like shit as well is simply dumb.

Also, you're delusional if you think MMA isn't full of drama queen bullshit every bit as wrestling. MMA fans are the ones that got mad when they found out that wrestling was "fake" and decided that goddamnit if they wanted to watch two mostly naked guys sweatily embrace without fucking each other that it'd better be "legit". I don't know what you'll do when the inevitable fixed fights happen (I'm guessing you'll be like baseball fans circa finding out about steroids - act like it was just some singular cheaters after refusing to accept that any such thing could have occurred). I'm not sure if you meant to admit how drama filled MMA is or not, but I did love how you admit that you like MMA for supposedly the same reason you think people love wrestling, while being obtuse on why even if that were the case that the 3 minutes of payooff (if that) for months if not years worth of drama simply doesn't match the weekly drama with payoff that wrestling offers.

By your same logic, why do people watch movies? Etc, etc, etc.

Next up, why do people watch the Harlem Globetrotters? Why do people watch cartoons, its not real! Holy shit, stop the presses, cartoons aren't real?!? But Pixar!!!! How the fuck have cars been talking to me all this time then?!?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You're a fucking dumbass if you think anyone over like 8 watches wrestling as some sort of legit competition these days. Most people are watching it specifically for the reason you can't understand it (and honestly, not sure if you've noticed but wrestling has lost tons of viewers so in general people aren't watching it as much as they used to).

While wrestlers are treated like shit (and motherfuckers like Hogan actively sabotaged any effort to unionize so as to keep his own personal paychecks and place), acting like MMA and other "legit" fighting doesn't treat people like shit as well is simply dumb.

Also, you're delusional if you think MMA isn't full of drama queen bullshit every bit as wrestling. MMA fans are the ones that got mad when they found out that wrestling was "fake" and decided that goddamnit if they wanted to watch two mostly naked guys sweatily embrace without fucking each other that it'd better be "legit". I don't know what you'll do when the inevitable fixed fights happen (I'm guessing you'll be like baseball fans circa finding out about steroids - act like it was just some singular cheaters after refusing to accept that any such thing could have occurred). I'm not sure if you meant to admit how drama filled MMA is or not, but I did love how you admit that you like MMA for supposedly the same reason you think people love wrestling, while being obtuse on why even if that were the case that the 3 minutes of payooff (if that) for months if not years worth of drama simply doesn't match the weekly drama with payoff that wrestling offers.

By your same logic, why do people watch movies? Etc, etc, etc.

Next up, why do people watch the Harlem Globetrotters? Why do people watch cartoons, its not real! Holy shit, stop the presses, cartoons aren't real?!? But Pixar!!!! How the fuck have cars been talking to me all this time then?!?

Haha. Did I hit a nerve? Are you literally shaking now?

Froth, invective, ad hom, no shortage of straw, wow... so much wrong with that post it's hard to know where to start. Def been awhile since one of my posts caused someone to have some kind of episode.

Go take your meds, then maybe I'll give you the point by point bitchslapping you're asking for.

Last edited: