• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

Former Gen. McChrystal, Fired by Obama, Endorses Biden for 2020

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Thought this one was interesting...
He said a lot of harsh stuff that led to his firing

"I never didn't respect Vice President Joe Biden or President Obama," McChrystal said.
He said he didn't always agree with the Obama administration's decisions but offered that both Obama and Biden listened, adding,

"I worked most closely with President Obama and Vice President Biden when I commanded in Afghanistan, and I had policy differences at times. ... But in every instance, they listened. In every instance, they took in my view. In every instance, I felt they were trying to make the best decision based on all the information they had and based on a bedrock of values."
“I don’t think we need a genius, I don’t think we need a magician, we just need an honest person who is willing to listen. We need someone who will take in information, surround themselves with talented people and lead the country the best they can,”
“Anyone we choose will make mistakes, that’s for sure, but the reality is, if we pick for character, if we pick for values, we will be best off,” the four-star general added.

McChrystal described Biden as someone who is “humble enough to listen to experts and who is humble enough to respect people who serve and have served.”

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Thought this one was interesting...
He said a lot of harsh stuff that led to his firing

And, once again, those that actually need to hear this and understand this, will neither hear nor understand this.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It's hard for me to trash Stan McChrystal for much. I've always like how he leads. Any General not afraid to go get shot at is a good guy in my book. Our allies were impressed by him, our adversaries as well. The Marjah offensive could have gone better, but counter insurgency operations tend to be difficult when the bad guys have a lot of 3rd party assistance. I was more irked by him (and his aides) not giving Obama any real choice in the matter in his firing. That was him letting the republican rot get in his head, and he paid the price for it.

Good to hear he still excels at enemy identification though. The Russian Asset has to go. Choosing between Trump and Biden should be easy for any actual American. Cult members, not so much.

Reactions: Perknose

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
It's hard for me to trash Stan McChrystal for much. I've always like how he leads. Any General not afraid to go get shot at is a good guy in my book. Our allies were impressed by him, our adversaries as well. The Marjah offensive could have gone better, but counter insurgency operations tend to be difficult when the bad guys have a lot of 3rd party assistance. I was more irked by him (and his aides) not giving Obama any real choice in the matter in his firing. That was him letting the republican rot get in his head, and he paid the price for it.

Good to hear he still excels at enemy identification though. The Russian Asset has to go. Choosing between Trump and Biden should be easy for any actual American. Cult members, not so much.
Spoken like an American, Sir!

ASK THE COMMUNITY