Former 13-year old Conservative Pundit now... not so conservative...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
One thing i've noticed about conservative talking heads/pundits is that they have very punchable faces. This kid definitely had a very punchable face a few years ago.

His face looks less punchable now that he's grown up a bit.

Just look at that air of douchebag pretentious overconfidence:

08convservative_600.jpg

Now he looks like a normal kid:

120702_jonathan_krohn_westcott_328.jpg

Coincidence?

I don't know why I just LOL at this everytime I see this.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Wasn't it Churchill that said

"A young man that is not a liberal has no heart.
An old man that is not a conservative has no head."

Uno

Nope, sure wasn't. That quote is commonly misattributed to him.

I guess I care what a 17 year old thinks more than what a 13 year old thinks, but the difference is so small that it's hard to notice.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Anyone can be brainwashed into thinking anything up till your early 20's. Your brain is play-doh up till then. Hence why liberals have such a strangehold on the education system, precisely for this reason. To brainwash the "conservatives" (i.e. people with common sense) while they are still malleable. You don't see very many conservatives turning liberal past the age of 25, but plenty vice-versa.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Anyone can be brainwashed into thinking anything up till your early 20's. Your brain is play-doh up till then. Hence why liberals have such a strangehold on the education system, precisely for this reason. To brainwash the "conservatives" (i.e. people with common sense) while they are still malleable. You don't see very many conservatives turning liberal past the age of 25, but plenty vice-versa.

Do you actually believe this shit? A vast educational conspiracy? Lol.

Talk about brainwashed.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Do you actually believe this shit? A vast educational conspiracy? Lol.

Talk about brainwashed.

Liberals are attracted to certain professions, such as education and journalism. If you weren't aware ~90% of people in those professions are liberal, you may want to check your own brain buddy.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just a property of progressivism - they want to force other people to believe what they believe because they think they know what is better for everyone else.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Liberals are attracted to certain professions, such as education and journalism. If you weren't aware ~90% of people in those professions are liberal, you may want to check your own brain buddy.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just a property of progressivism - they want to force other people to believe what they believe because they think they know what is better for everyone else.

You are a cartoon. You believe you are a constant target of a vast conspiracy because you need to believe in your own perpetual victimhood. Belief in being a victim is a central tenet of your style of extreme conservatism.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

Conservative's definition of 'common sense':

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsme...oses_teaching_of_critical_thinking_skills.php

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
The poorly thought out black and white conclusions and naivete can come from 2 types mainly:

1. 13 year olds still learning life is far more complex then what they damn well know they know.

2. Your typical conservative.

The difference is your typical conservative stays ignorant because he is told he is a fellow moral crusader and in the "cult". The kid will grow up out of the phoney moralizing when he learns he is not infallible.

Glad to see this one grew up.

Last edited:

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
The Daily Show is one giant joke. And so long as people are IN on the joke, thats fine. Its the people who think that show is serious who are suffering.

pretty much.

The sad thing is that while they are satirizing the news the Daily Show has more respect for the news than Fox News does much of the time.

Too bad that many people who watch the Daily Show would end up being bored by something like real news broadcasts.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
You are a cartoon. You believe you are a constant target of a vast conspiracy because you need to believe in your own perpetual victimhood. Belief in being a victim is a central tenet of your style of extreme conservatism.

Need I dig up the youtube video of the teacher telling her students that criticizing Obama is illegal and they would go to jail? Or the Obama anthem kindergartener choir?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Need I dig up the youtube video of the teacher telling her students that criticizing Obama is illegal and they would go to jail? Or the Obama anthem kindergartener choir?

What's funny about your example is that the teacher who told students that criticizing the president was illegal used an example of how criticizing Bush was illegal too. But hey, you seem to think that anecdotal evidence means something I guess that means that when some idiot teacher tells their class evolution isn't real that means that's how all teachers think.

Seriously, you guys are so desperate to cling to your victimhood it's pathetic.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The sad thing is that while they are satirizing the news the Daily Show has more respect for the news than Fox News does much of the time.

Too bad that many people who watch the Daily Show would end up being bored by something like real news broadcasts.

I agree with that, too. I thoroughly enjoy the Daily Show and Colbert, but as far as real news goes, I tend to reject most things, these days, except for Newshour.

I'm more or less addicted to that program. :\

At least, I haven't found a better, dependable, pure news TV/Radio program anywhere else in this country.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I agree with that, too. I thoroughly enjoy the Daily Show and Colbert, but as far as real news goes, I tend to reject most things, these days, except for Newshour. I'm more or less addicted to that program.

When I lived overseas I would watch BBC news and was very impressed by it. I usually get my new from Reuters AP and bbc.co.uk however if I was limited to tv news I'd probably go for news hour and give bbc world news america on pbs a chance as well

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003

Do you think brainwashing occurs from your ilk, too?

If education is a liberal brainwashing instrument, churches/synogogues are conservative brainwashing instruments.

It's true that not all churches/synogogues are conservative, but it is also true that not all classrooms are liberal.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Hmm...my personal experience has been that, if anything, I'm getting more liberal the older I get (I'm 29). Certainly I'm much more liberal now than I was in my late teens and early twenties. But I'm going to just consider it my personal life experiences and outlook on life affecting my own understanding of politics, rather than concocting some pompous, self-serving, conspiratorial theory about it.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

When people argue that certain professions are "liberally biased", I've never quite understood what point they think they're making about liberals and conservatives. Because the point it LOOKS like you're trying to make is that you have some fundamental problem with education, journalism, science, etc. Otherwise why would the evil liberals flock to those professions while the conservative paragons of virtue stay away?

I mean you're pretty much saying that journalism and education are inherently tied to "progressivism". Considering where we'd be without those professions, I'm not sure that's the insult you think it is...

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
When I lived overseas I would watch BBC news and was very impressed by it. I usually get my new from Reuters AP and bbc.co.uk however if I was limited to tv news I'd probably go for news hour and give bbc world news america on pbs a chance as well

yeah, BBC is quite good. I also like The World on NPR.