forgot to add the $.03 extra postage on a letter: likelyhood of it being returned to sender?

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: dakata24
i knew i forgot something.. :(
0%. the only check is at the mailbox in your driveway by the mailman.

If you dropped it in a blue box, then I would say 25%.

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000
cool. i hope that's the case.. :eek: i dropped it off at the post office, btw.. *crossing fingers*

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000
not familar with postage due. is that when they send the sender a bill for the postage that wasnt paid for?

vegetation

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
The recipient gets a notice to go to the PO for the missing postage; if they don't go to the PO to pay and pick it up within a few days, then it gets sent back to the sender (you).

Originally posted by: dakata24
not familar with postage due. is that when they send the sender a bill for the postage that wasnt paid for?

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
You should write your return address as the address you're sending it too... hahaha... don't know if that works but all my credit cards bills have their own address written as the return address... :confused:

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000
thanks for the info vegatation.. i guess i'll have to wait and see.. and boyracer, never thought of that.. hehe.

boi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2002
Most likely it will be returned to you but sometimes it might not. My mom used to be a postal carrier and whenever there was a few cents missing on the mail, she would put more stamps on it. =)