forget it. Im ripping people off according to the newbies in the thread!!!

rbb

Oct 13, 1999
lotust -

This post is sure going to tarnish your "Diamond Member" status. Didn't your "research" even take you to Resellerratings.com to check out what was said about love4digital.com? 2.7 out of 7.0 This is a "price match" only store like regency.com

RBB

lotust

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2000
how do you know that its a "price match" only?

one thing though. I went to add to my cart and it said something about there security certificate.

and dont worry about my tarnishing my "Diamond Member" status

rondeemc

Golden Member
Jan 6, 2001
lotust
I think what he is trying to say (nicely) is that referring people to a bait-and-switch site will not enhance your reputation. The site you linked appears to be the type that will "never" sell you the just the product at the price quoted but rather will either encourage you to buy overpriced/undervalued accessories to go with the camera or will cancel your original order. Seems like these places are increasing in number (or at least the number of links to the same site). Like suggesting to a friend that if they want a reliable car to go buy a Yugo. Things just ain't going to work out for them :)

No Flame Intended

ktg

May 2, 2000
I've been sniffing around the web for the best price on this thing. A few days back it was briefly listed for an amazing price of $515 (yes---$515) at this site (Express Camera), Since then, they've jacked up the price twice. I notice a bunch of other sites have been doing the same. I suspect some of these sub-$600 vendors are selling gray-market cameras (=no U.S. warranty), a common stunt among mail-order camera outfits. Definitely order it from someplace legit and then pricematch via AMEX blue...

Bushi

Nov 27, 2001
lotust .. can we have your home address so that we can all go and whip/ hang you for whatever reasons stated above! Sheesh!

jtallon

Golden Member
May 13, 2001
I think it's asking a bit of people to post good deals, but also to make a judgement of the quality of the store, the service that store has, whether they are a bait & switch, etc. I certainly appreciate this information being posted, BUT I don't think it's fair to pick on someone because they didn't know this was a bait & switch store when they posted the deal...

Message boards like this are good for the *EXCHANGE* of information. One person finds a deal, another person can tell them about the quality of the store, better deals, etc. I think this could have been stated without talking 'down' to lotust...

Hgabriel

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2000
If reputation is tarnished for posting a deal involving a shady reseller, then just about everyone has a tarnished reputation. At times deals come across from all flocks of the net. Many deals come from the shady sector. We have Viking Computers, Memory Monster and many others that have provided low low prices and followed it up with piss poor service and most likely the wrong item shipped to you.

The best we can do is post the deal and provide the least bit of warning. Don't get all in lotust's face just for posting a deal. Some of you never post any deals of your own. We calll you leeches.

nnnyyy

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
what a mean thread this is!
lotust: don't think you're gonna be posting hot deals in the near future ;) (I wouldn't)

Beaner

Sep 5, 2000
LMAO... I love it... A guy with 88 posts telling us why this will tarnish a diamond member's status.
If you have a problem with a deal, make a nice, constructive comment to it. Otherwise, do us all a favor and shut the *&!# up!

Siamskunk

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000
Lotust........u don't have to bother replying to any of them. Your good intention is appreciate.

Deal discussion in the thread is acceptable, however, deal crappers are No-No..............people, please be nice and talk with reason.

Now, one good intention will get you hung :Q

hollowman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2001
why the hell are all those newbies gang up on lotust? whether you think this is a rip-off or a hotdeal, doesn't mean you can crap on someone else's thread.
geesh... *NEWBIES...*

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
heheh newbies think title has something to do with anything other than post count (except for elites and AT staff, and chipbgt, oh, and the two lifers, of course...)

TheCableGuy

Jun 8, 2000
ElFenix:
heheh newbies think title has something to do with anything other than post count (except for elites and AT staff, and chipbgt, oh, and the two lifers, of course...)

exactly.....postcount

what about the kinds of post and length of membership?

Sepen

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Come on Lotust, if you would have cared to research this just a bit more you would have found out that my CC is maxed for this month. Now I won't be able to take part in this deal. How dare you not know and not even care about the predicament that I find myself in? ;)

All in jest.....

Jened

Mar 26, 2001
so he didn't check resellerratings. no big deal as other people did and posted the results here. i see deals every week from the same companies with afwul ratings (ie, Computer Surplus Outlet). be constructive you vampires.

santuitman

Platinum Member
Mar 6, 2001
Lotust
I was hoping that I could use your credit card too. That way I wouldn't have to think at all about what kind of deal it is or the reputation of the vendor...;)

I think any body using any deal should use the "Buyer Beware" policy. I've gotten some pretty good deals that some people wouldn't touch but I know enough to check it out myself. I'm glad that people like Lotust take the time to put up deals thay find.

Thanks Lotust!

fragarific

Golden Member
Sep 29, 2000
If someone has experienced with this store they are a more important member here at anandtech for this thread. And don't change your title and get mad. Just state why it's a good deal.

TyroneWashington

Jul 2, 2001
NEWBS Grow up and get a life, it seems like a lot of these newbies try to flame and take down higher members just so that they can feel better about themselves, well, here's some news for you. It doesn't! All it does is make you look like a stupid jerk who has nothing better to do with his time. Think about this next time you feel like blurting out something stupid of your traps.

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
YOU know what's funny, a hot deal is a hot deal...I hardly ever check reseller ratings, unless I'm serious about buying something, you mean to tell me that you Don't do that and just buy crap that people post on AT"S hot deals forum? Lotust was trying to point us in a good deal, WHY DON'T YOU KIDDIES GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND DO SOME WORK YOURSELVES...Why should someone else do it for you, I mean after all he's trying to share something with you and you claim his rep will be tarnished over this? And FOR GOODNESS SAKE THERE IS THIS REALLY DOPE FEATURE CALL A PRIVATE MESSAGE!!! Read the RULEZ before you POST...GLAD YER FEELING GOOD ABOUT YOURSELVES KIDDIES... :)

dwanna

Nov 26, 2001
I got news for you all.....

The Newbie in reference to this thread has actually been here a year longer than the original poster. Just because he/she doesn't post 150 times a day, doesn't make them stupid and unworthy. Jumping on someone based on their member status... it's a little discrimination if you ask me.

Not like I'm suprised, I've seen discrimination all over this site. It's just fun to see a NEWBIE call an elder member a newbie, lol. (RBB member since October 1999 / LOTUST member since August 2000). In fact, RBB has been around longer than ANYONE else in this thread.