Foreskin is not your friend: Unkindest cut may reduce HIV risk

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Yahoo
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Uncircumcised men are eight times as likely to become infected with HIV (news - web sites) than circumcised men, according to a study of nearly 2,300 men in India released on Thursday.

The American Academy of Pediatrics has said it no longer recommends routine circumcision because -- despite some medical benefit -- there can be complications.

Johns Hopkins also studied the risk of other sexually transmitted diseases among circumcised and uncircumcised men. Although the incidence of diseases like syphilis, gonorrhea and genital herpes was slightly higher among uncircumcised men, the difference was not statistically significant.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
You know what, I'll take my chances with HIV.

btw, do circumsized men even feel anything down there?

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Well, I couldn't walk with it retracted, it's too sensitive, so I am guessing if people can walk without it, they aren't as sensitive.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
is this politics and news, or just the crap that goes on in OT? Take your penis comments elsewhere.:Q

please.;)

OFFascist

Jun 10, 2002
HMM yeah I guess I should go out and mutilate my penis.
rolleye.gif

Thats okay I think I'll counter my 8 times the risk by using condoms and not sleeping with prostitutes or gays.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak
You know what, I'll take my chances with HIV.

btw, do circumsized men even feel anything down there?

Nope. Circumsized men can't orgasm.

rolleye.gif

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Well, I couldn't walk with it retracted, it's too sensitive, so I am guessing if people can walk without it, they aren't as sensitive.

So maybe where that's a common characteristic of minutemen everywhere. :D

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Just saying it does affect sensation, so that link is bull.
Now whether you preffer to have or not have that full sensation, it doesn't matter because it's already been decided for you ;)

DoubleL

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2001
That is all BS just say if you set on another mans lap and keep your pants on it will greatly reduce HIV,