Ford, Dodge, Chevy Trucks: Who's got the best looking exterior?

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
Ford, Dodge, Chevy Trucks: Who's got the best looking exterior?

I'm thinking mostly about the newest models, but you are welcome to comment on any you like.
(Oh yeah, F-Series, Silverados and Rams...not the little guys like the Ranger)

Personally I really like the look of the Newer Dodge Rams (I think the headlights on the 2002 look a bit wonky...but overall)..I'm not sure what it is, but something about the angles on the hood...I just think they look really sweet.

Ford is a close second.

Chevy is a ways behind...not sure why but I really don't like the front end of the newer Silverados....though they look alright from the side and back.

What do you think?

Theslowone

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2000
I like chevy/GMCs exterior (they look tougher, the z71 package is tight, and they have bob seager song for them), but I am slowly turning to ford. Fords extra packages look cool. I really like the Lightning and HD edition ford F150.
Smaller truck I have always liked the GM lineup. I think GM would do better though if they had more packages then just looks and offroad, they need to bring back the true ss for the s-10 and the silverado.

4824guy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I thing that both the Ford and GM truck front ends look great. I am getting tired of the Dodge Ram truck look. I am tired of the big radiator and curved hood.

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
I definitely like Ford's look... clean & updated without being overdone... some of the GMs are good but others are just UGGHHHLY (Avalanche)

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
I think the Ford Super Duty trucks are the best looking pickups on the road. Followed by the previous generation Dodge pickups (the updated Ram got uglified). The F-150s and even the Chevrolets look better than the new Rams.

ZV

BlackOmen

Aug 23, 2001
Ford has had beautiful looking trucks since 1978. I think I'd put Dodge trucks next. Chevy trucks just aren't that appealing to me, especially the Avalanche.

Theslowone

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2000
What was the name of that Truck.. that had a very Platinum look. Silver and very Metallic-like. Almost like Mitsubishi Eclipse-like design... was it Dodge?

You might be thinking of the nissan frontier but other then that I have no idea.

And I dislike all the truck suv hybrids, the avalache and the rest look crappy to me.

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000

<< Did you leave the Tundra off the list on purpose? Like it or not, it's a real truck. As far as looks go, it's pretty damn conservative, but it has potential. >>

No...I just didn't really think about it.

I don't have anything against Toyota...if I drove and was looking for a Car it would likely be a Toyota.

I'll add it to the list for you :)

How is the Clearance, Box Size, and Seating Capacity of the Tundra compared to the Super-Cab offerings from Ford, Chevy, and Dodge?

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
I like the full size fords.

I bought a dakota however as I wanted A Smaller truck. Didn't need the full size.

I really am liking my 97 Dakota SLT club cab 4X4 even though it is only a six (60 miles a day commute so gas milage was an issue!)

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I like the Dodge Dakota above all, but I am a little biased considering that I own one! I am not very fond of the new Ram front end -- looks almost cartoonish. I prefer the older Rams.

All of the others just never looked very interesting to me.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
GM.... give me a nice 1500HD 4 door short box with the LQ4

I like Ford 2nd, just wish the new body would have allowed more room for the engine