Forced Removal Of Canon Printing Suite Has Left PC Painfully Slow

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by muskyx1, Nov 10, 2012.

1. muskyx1

muskyx1 Member

Apr 20, 2005
    So I purchased a Canon MG6220 to replace a MG5220 that died. Both have different printing software that don't play well with each other. Had I known such incompatibility existed, I would have completely removed all previous software. After different combinations installs/reinstalls, my system is now painfully slow. Even firefox windows display "not responding" through simple surfing.

It's such a mess that system restore won't work with any restore points before the printer software conflict. Also tried different registry repair programs without success. And yes, I scanned for malware/spyware/trojans etc using Avast, Malwarebytes and a range of spyware programs and nothing was detected.

Any Software Suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. MichaelD

MichaelD Lifer

Jan 16, 2001
    Try booting into Safe Mode (hit F8 as Windows is loading) and run a Driver Cleaner then. Also, Try Revo Uninstaller run in "aggressive mode" or whatever the strongest mode is.
  3. vailr

vailr Diamond Member

Oct 9, 1999