Force Galaxy S3 to download previous apps after reset?

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I did a factory reset of my Galaxy S3, then signed in with the same Google account I had before (95% sure I did).

Are all the apps I had previously supposed to restore automatically, or is there a way to force this? It hasn't done it yet.

When I bought my Nexus 7 recently, it d/led all apps I had on my Galaxy on there, so I assumed it was a Google/Android thing. Is this not the case?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
It will if you have Google set to backup/restore your apps. Its in your settings somewhere. If its not, easiest way is to log into the play store via browser, log in, go to apps, my apps, and go through and push them to your phone.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Ahh that's a great solution, I love Android for being able to so easily install apps this way.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I assume you are not rooted because if you were, Titanium Backup could do a full backup of all your apps and settings and restore it after a factory reset/wipe.

Otherwise pushing them to your device from a PC is probably the fastest method if it wasn't automatically synced from the cloud.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Titanium Backup does it if you have root too. No PC necessary.

I know, Helium is for non-rooted devices. You need a PC to activate the app from what I remember, then it's good until the next time you reboot the phone (then you need the PC again).