Force Feedback Mouse...?

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
I know consoles have force feedback controllers, are there any such beasts for PCs?

Would anyone be interested in them?

As you firing off a machine gun, would you like to feel the SHAKE in your hand?

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
I know consoles have force feedback controllers, are there any such beasts for PCs?

Would anyone be interested in them?

As you firing off a machine gun, would you like to feel the SHAKE in your hand?

No because it would make you miss and get headshotted by those using non force feedback mice.

A quick google for such a beast comes up with a weird looking amazon page from 2001:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B0000...cr_electronics

First review says it all lol "A valiant attempt of a product, with horrid results."

Feb 4, 2009
I had a logitech ifeel mouse, it had a click/rumbell that worked on select web pages & games. Then I upgraded to XP and it stopped working, it really wasn't that great. It's a great quality mouse it's still in use.

Karstein

Mar 31, 2011
I remember seeing a prototype of a force feedback mouse in the late 90s on one of the gaming shows in the UK at the time (either Games Master or Bad Influence). It wasn't really a mouse in the strictest sense, though, as it was attached to a base in a joystick fashion. They were playing either Doom or Duke3D on it. Really intrigued me at the time.

Can't for the life of me remember what it was called; obviously it never took off. ;)

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I remember a few rumble mice came out. Rumble on mice aren't good though because the rumble would mess with the precision of a mouse when trying to shoot.