For Your Consideration: Kirk Lazarus for Best Supporting Actor

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/...best-supporting-actor/

Dreamworks has launched their Best Supporting Actor campaign for Kirk Lazarus, the character that Robert Downey Jr plays in Tropic Thunder. Dreamworks is also pushing Downey Jr. for the same award in real life. I wonder if viral web marketing like this will confuse Academy members or if its a genius idea to get free ?For Your Consideration? advertising from movie and fansites (hey, we fell for the bait!). Either way, you gotta love the script ?Choose the Dude, playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude.? Dreamworks also edited together two ?television advertisements?, which you can watch after the jump.

Hahahah :D

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
That's awesome! :laugh:

Thanks shabby! :beer:

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
awesome movie! Watched it this weekend, since the wife and kid were out of town I got to crank up the sound system.

About half way through the movie neighbor knocks on the door to ask what movie I'm watching. Asks if he can watch it with me. Because apparently from the massive amounts of explosions and my constant laughter it had to be good. And he was right.

"I'm just like a little boy, playin' with his dick when he's nervous. "

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I actually thought that Tom Cruise was the best character in the movie. His dance at the end left me hurting I was laughing so hard.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: dbk
"Here we go again..............AGAIN"

There was a real movie commercial that I saw last night that used "Here we go again." I can't remember the movie but I busted a gut because it made me think of Tropic Thunder.