For you golfers...Taylor Made 300 Driver for only $179.99!!!

Staz

Jan 27, 2000
The Chicagoland Sportmarts are clearencing the Taylor Made 300 Driver for only $179.99! They only have the 300 model, not the 320 or 360 version, but this is one hell of a deal! My local store had a choice of a regular Taylor Made Tour shaft, a UST ProForce 65 shaft, or a Grafalloy Ultralite shaft. So not only do you get this club at a great price, but if you are lucky, you can get a premimum shaft as well!

I don't know how long this sale is going on for, or if it is nation wide or not, but if you are in the market for a good driver, this is a great deal. They also have the Wilson Deep Red 305cc drivers on sale for the same price. While not as long as the TM 300's, they are more forgiving. I now own both...:)

For only $179.99, both clubs are an absolute steal! Better hurry, I doubt their quantities will last.

cjchaps

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2000
I just picked up a slightly used Deep Red off of eBay for around 100 bucks. I think eBay has new Deep Reds for $150ish or so.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Not to thread crap, but that isn't a good price. The 300 series is discontinued and has been replaced by the new 500 series with the higher COR faces for added distance. The 300's are at giveaway prices almost everywhere including The Golf Warehouse for $149. Another couple of weeks and they'll be even lower.

frankqfrank

Golden Member
Aug 29, 2001
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
Not to thread crap, but that isn't a good price. The 300 series is discontinued and has been replaced by the new 500 series with the higher COR faces for added distance. The 300's are at giveaway prices almost everywhere including The Golf Warehouse for $149. Another couple of weeks and they'll be even lower.

Until people realize that the coeffecient of restitution doesn't affect their score, people will continue to pay $400+ for a driver. I'll beat you without any woods in my bag :)

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: frankqfrank

Until people realize that the coeffecient of restitution doesn't affect their score, people will continue to pay $400+ for a driver. I'll beat you without any woods in my bag :)

I agree that for the vast majority of players a high COR driver is virtually worthless. That's why the rules were rewritten to allow high COR for everyone except the "highly skilled" in competition. But it's been proven in studies that when it comes to golf equipment, price does matter and oddly, the higher price outsells a virtually identical product at a lower price. Put two high COR, big face titanium drivers on the shelf, mark one $400, the other $100 and the one that costs $400 will easily outsell the one that costs $100. The same goes for putters. When struggling idiots go looking for a magic weapon to fix all the problems in their game, they feel that only an expensive club can provide the miracles they need. If I had a dime for every golfer I've seen with $2000 worth of equipment in his bag and a 2-bit swing, I'd be able to afford to be a member at Augusta National.

And as for that bet you propose, name the time and place. Unless you're a tour pro in disguise, I'll give you 2 a side.

frankqfrank

Golden Member
Aug 29, 2001
IIf I had a dime for every golfer I've seen with $2000 worth of equipment in his bag and a 2-bit swing, I'd be able to afford to be a member at Augusta National.

Augusta is cheap. They get multi millions every year from CBS and other sponsors, the member list is short and I guess you need connections to be on it.

And as for that bet you propose, name the time and place. Unless you're a tour pro in disguise, I'll give you 2 a side.

Gimmie a few weeks to figure out my new $140 putter :)

HeavyB

Oct 28, 2000
Gag,
Give me 2 a side and you're on. You'll be in a bit of trouble though, unless you are a +2 or better.

HeavyB