For those with 120/144hz screens:

MarkLuvsCS

Jun 13, 2004
Do any of you run multiple monitors alongside your beautiful 120/144hz monitor that are just 60hz? If you're working with both screens or playing a video in one while the other is doing something else, does one of monitors seem weird to watch?

I'm asking because I plan on getting the Asus 24" 120/144hz monitor soon, and I currently have their reg 60hz 25". My plan was to use the 25" as a secondary monitor so it could have stuff on it while i'm gaming/working from the fast 24". I'm just trying to figure out if the slower screen will become noticeable and bothersome when i get the faster screen. If needed I'm also considering 2x the fast screens but would almost be a waste of my current screen so i'd prefer to just get 1 if its not going to cause me annoyances.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I have a bug currently in NVidia's drivers that mean the addition of a second monitor results in a significant amount of graphics latency and low frame rate within Windows itself. So while I am keen to have my second monitor up and running (60hz) in practice its not happening until I get the bug fixed.

Got Nvidia hardware? This could go badly wrong.

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
I'm using a 24" 144hz monitor for gaming and a 30" 60hz as a secondary. No issues here. I don't notice a big difference between the two because I only use the secondary for productivity-type stuff. I notice a big difference with gaming between the two (especially with Lightboost) but not so much for 2D apps.