For those who like Slayer, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, Mastodon or Thine Eyes Bleed

Rock Hydra

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Hey, guys....I went to the Toronto show yesterday, and boy was it ****** great. Every band played well, Alexi played very proficiently, which is good. I've seen some videos where he was quite sloppy. Anyway, in that aspect, I'd say Lamb of God (who is reputable for such) played very tightly and coordinated, more so than the other bands.

The crowd was disappointing. Seriously dissapointing. Down where people were standing, before Lamb of God came out, there were about 5 people moshing at any given time and most of the people were sitting down in the seats.

Here's my reiview of the performance:

• Thine Eyes Bleed
They were already playing when we got in the gates at about 5:15, but these guys are pretty good. I hadn't checked them out before and I wanted to judge from the concert. I was not disappointed. They played nice leads and solos and the singer was not hard on the ears either. I think I'll probably check them out.

• Chldren of Bodom
Setlist:

Silent Night, Bodom Night
Needled 24/7
Living DeadBeat
Sixpounder
Angels Don't Kill
In Your Face
Hate Me
Downfall

Alexi played very well, and his stage presence was awesome. I was very satisfied with the setlist and was surprised after seeing the initial tour setlist and was pretty disappointed. Alexi tried doing a guitar throw and almost dropped his guitar. The crowd was chanting "BODOM, BODOM!" after the first couple songs, which was the most lively the crowd was at that point.

• Mastodon
Mastodon took the stage and started with Iron Tusk and people were starting to get into it. They played a couple songs off their new album, which was pretty cool. They played a good selection of songs, though it didn't seem the crowd was too into them.

• Lamb of God
I got down into the floor and up close to see these guys. First one of the techs came out with a mask on and was probably stalling, talking about how they wanted weed (people were actually throwing joints onto the stage) and cocaine, beofe Lamb of God came out. They started out with Ruin and the whole ******' place blew up. They played a lot of crowd favorites like 11th Hour and Now You've Got Something To Die For and they also played their new song, Redneck. One thing I was surprised to see though, was Willie Adler was playing an ESP EC-400 since I thought he was endorsed by Framus Guitars.

• Slayer
I'll have to admit, I'm not a big Slayer fan. I don't own any of their records, and I didn't recogonize almost all of the songs. But the show was explosive. They crowd went crazy, they played very sound, I noticed a couple times where something sounded off, but was corrrected within a matter of seconds. at this point the whole floor in front of the stage was a pit and almost everyone was on their feet. It was a great show.

I was able to get some picutres and some video from my camera. The audio was ****** cause it was really loud, and pretty windy and most of them are from the seats and some are blurry since I was getting knocked around and was trying to take pictures. But, between the Mastodon and Lamb of God set, I was able to sneak down onto the floor and get some decent close-up shots of Lamb of god and get into the pit as well. But, I got sick from drinking a couple beers before going down there, so left the floor area, but it was still pretty awesome down there. Anyway....I don't have any slayer pictures though. One of the security guards caught me with my camera, and asked me to put it away. I got it out again later, and he told me he'd kick me out if he saw it out again. So, I wasn't going to get kicked out for a couple pictures.

Show Pictures

thecrecarc

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2004
great names, SLAYER, THINE EYES BLEED, Children of Bodom, Mastodon... u guys scare me

Jan 28, 2006
I went when they were in Atlanta and it was awesome.

Like you, I had never heard Thine Eyes Bleed before but was impressed enough to pick up their album, "In the Wake of Seperation".

Excellent show and the crowd in Atlanta kicked as much ass as the music.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by: thecrecarc
great names, SLAYER, THINE EYES BLEED, Children of Bodom, Mastodon... u guys scare me

scare me, nah. They do make me laugh though (not with you...)...

cjgallen

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Rock Hydra
The crowd was disappointing. Seriously dissapointing. Down where people were standing, before Lamb of God came out, there were about 5 people moshing at any given time and most of the people were sitting down in the seats.

Good for them, moshing is retarded.

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
i was psyched to catch this tour, but all the infield tickets were gone when i went to order. :| can't go to a metal show (especially one of this caliber) and sit in the stands.

i've previously seen Lamb of God, Mastodon, and Bodom multiple times each - they all put on great shows, esp LOG. i'm not a big slayer fan, though.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
I saw this tour in Albany. There was an acicdent on the Thruway so I got there3 hours late and Lamb ofGod was just starting to play when I walked in. They were awesome and Slayer kicked ass. Great show.

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
I wanted to go to this so bad but couldnt. Ive already seen LOG and Slayer, mainly wanted to catch COB, not a Mastodon fan.

stardrek

Jan 25, 2006
Never heard Thine Eyes Bleed and don't really care for Slayer, but all the others put on sweet shows. I'm in the Killadephia DVD that LoG put out last year, and damn do they have a nice show...glad to hear the UAT is still going, Mastadon was having some trouble early on but it seems they got everything together for it. BTW Mastadon's new album is really good, even though it is all covers...I heard a preview a few days ago.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
I saw them at the House of Blues last monday in New Orleans. Unfortunantly it was a smaller concert, and slayer + Mastodon were not there. I love COB :thumbsup:

The singer from LOG loves New Orleans.

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
Originally posted by: stardrek
BTW Mastadon's new album is really good, even though it is all covers...I heard a preview a few days ago.

not sure what you're talking about here. Mastodon's upcoming album, Blood Mountain, doesn't have any covers on it. Plus it hasn't been leaked yet. Their most recent release, Call of the Mastodon, has a cover or two, but it's mostly old stuff that Relapse used to milk another "album" out of the band before they jumped to Warner Bros.

...and for god's sake, i'm going to explode if i see someone misspell "Mast O don" again!