for those who have trucks: question about bed extender

anonymouschris

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
just bought one used, but not sure how i lock it so ppl won't be able to steal it from my truck. cuz it seems so easy for ppl to just pop it off the hinges and take off with it...

radioouman

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2002
Truck beds are pretty insecure IMO. I have a tonneau but it isn't locking. No one has taken my tonneau yet :)

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I would think that you could get a rubber coated steel cable and attach it somehow with that. While it won't be completely burglar proof, it would at least slow a burglar down and require him to use a couple of tools to remove it.

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
You'd be suprized how easily someone can walk off with your tailgate too :)
Hell if somebody wanted it bad enough they could take anything they wanted off the truck. One day you could go in for some lunch and an hour later come out and find a frame on 4 blocks. ;)

Nyical

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Mutilator
Hell if somebody wanted it bad enough they could take anything they wanted off the truck. One day you could go in for some lunch and an hour later come out and find a frame on 4 blocks. ;)

Too late, someone walked off with my tailgate already, so I just put an airgate on it.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000

That is amazing how easily tailgates come up missing. A friend of mines Mom popped into the grocery store for 10 minutes, came back out and....no tailgate.

grillmasterP

Apr 2, 2000
Basically you can run a bike/cable & lock through it for piece of mind, or you could install one of those tailgate Pop locks