for those who are married or intend to get married...

Buttzilla

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2000
how old were you if you are and
how old do you think you'll be when you want to.

it's just i've been hearing quiet a few people getting married at such a young age, early - mid twenties. i dont plan on getting married till after professional school so probably around 30ish.

there's a couple of guys at my work, only 22-25 with a few kids already. i guess when you're ready you're ready but whats the rush?

DrNoobie

Banned
Mar 3, 2004
The plan is 23...course I might put that off because of med school. If she wants to marry me, why not wait 4 more years.

Jan 18, 2001
got married at 30, had first kid at 36. the nice thing about marrying/having kids early is that you ahve a LOT more energy.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Married when I was 25... first kid at 27. I wanted to get married/have kids early (pending I found the right girl) so that I would have the energy when for the kids. I want to be able to still run around with my kids and get into mischief with them :)

It all just comes down to pulling the trigger when its feels/is right for you. Once you hit ~22 a lot of your friends will start to get serious and start getting married. If it aint for you dont sweat it.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I will be 25 when I get married this November. What's the hurry? Well, when you find the right one, you find the right one. It wasn't really a rush, but why would I screw around for another 5 years knowing "the one" is right here?

radioouman

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2002
Married when I was 23. I really should have waited much longer. MUCH LONGER AND DATED MANY OTHER WOMEN!!!!

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
me: 26
her: 27

To be married this Sept. I wanted to have kids before she turns 30... so we're on schedule. Known her since age 21.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
It amazes me when people think getting married in the mid-20's is surprising.

My mom was married when she was 18. It used to be that way all the time, even younger.

Now we consider a 22 year old a teenager and believe you shouldn't get married until your 30. Why?

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002
i was 22, she was 23. we already had a daughter who was 8 mos old by the time we got married. i knew she was the one, but we wanted to live together for a while, just to be sure. getting married and having kids early was a blessing disquise. having a family really makes you grow up and realize just what is important in life. sure, i didnt get to finish college and get a degree, but we make plenty of money now, and i can spend time with my kids instead of sweating some job that consumes my life. plus, when my youngest turns 18, ill only be 41! still plenty young enough to act the fool.

my only regret is due to having a sick father. i was only able to live on my own for 6mos; i had to move back in to help my mother with the bills when he passed away when i was 21. not long after, i found out my future wife was pregnant, and so we moved in together. but its all good now. when we bought a house, i made sure i had one room all to myself, to make my "married mans bachelor pad".

edit: just to clarify, i knew i loved my wife, and wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, thats why we were so reckless when it came to birth control. looking back, i really dont think i would have chosen any other path, except finishing college, which i hope to return to in the next year.

Pantoot

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2002
Me 20, her 19.
First kid 6 years later.
I am 30 now, and we are still married.
But there is no reason to rush into anything, take your time, and enjoy being single!

Cal166

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
Originally posted by: radioouman
Married when I was 23. I really should have waited much longer. MUCH LONGER AND DATED MANY OTHER WOMEN!!!!

I presume you didnt find the right one?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Me: 25
Her: 22

Assuming the wonders of modern medicine do their job, we won't be having children till I'm around 30, if not later. I'm 26 right now. Neither of us were in a huge rush to get married. We waited 4 years to do it, and I would have done it again the same way if given another chance.

Buttzilla

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2000
i can't help but think...so young! but i understand if you meet the right one, why not right? congrats to everyone. i guess i'm a hopeless romantic like that. me and my gf won't be getting married anytime soon. she's heading off to boston for optometry school this fall and i'll be doing my masters here in cali, apply to professional school when i'm done, and hopefully getting accepted somewhere in the east when i'm done.

Crucial

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
I will be 29 in May. I got married last February 14th. My wife is 22. We have 2 children ages 3.75 and 2.

I met her when she was 17 and we have been dating ever since.

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
I'm 25, she's 20. Probably getting married within the next year. I think waiting until 30 is too long.

Zombie

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 1999
I am 27 will get married by end of this year or early next.

nothing wrong in getting married around 25 either.