For those that pay for Roboform it will cost a yearly fee now for the next one

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
There is a free version of Roboform Pro and a Paid version as we all know. Those that pay for Roboform from the next version will cost more money and be a yearly fee of $20. I feel bad for the people who actually bought the program. I left it a while ago not because of the 10 passcard limit but because the program slowed down browsers. The company hasn't improved the program much either like it can't do java or flash based forums automatically.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Been using the paid version for years. Works perfectly doesn't slow anything for me - I couldn't get along without it. Will gladly pay $20 a year. :)

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Been using the paid version for years. Works perfectly doesn't slow anything for me - I couldn't get along without it. Will gladly pay $20 a year. :)

That is what they all say.

When Roboform doesn't do java or flash based registration forums or logins while the compete does then you won't be saying that. Watch.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
It does every forum I am interested in - no problem.

I bought the program about 5 years ago and have been getting free updates ever since, including Roboform To Go. It'[s about time they charged something.

Maybe we all say it because it is true. :)

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
It does every forum I am interested in - no problem.

I bought the program about 5 years ago and have been getting free updates ever since, including Roboform To Go. It'[s about time they charged something.

Maybe we all say it because it is true. :)

Nope because you know keepass can do the same thing and for free.

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
Anyone in here tried LastPass? I've heard great things and with the advent of Opera 11 and the LastPass team getting the lazy mans way of making it work I may test it out. Any comments?

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Anyone in here tried LastPass? I've heard great things and with the advent of Opera 11 and the LastPass team getting the lazy mans way of making it work I may test it out. Any comments?

No but I hear good things about it and checked out their forum. Supposedly going to support application logins too soon! Think the beta or prerelease already does from what I was reading on the forums from people who test it. I use KeePass because it has support for all applications and forums. Even java and flash based online forums it works on! Even steam it works on and I have found no other password manager that I could ever get to work with steam.

Steam refuses to let you use a password manager with it not that it matters sense you can check off remember password but it can be annoying if you forget to. Not everyone likes a program to remember their password either.

Refuse to ever install Roboform on my pc again the software has turned to pure crap. I like the features but it is total crap now. They hardly ever add new features now too. It may be free too but a little limited but still I don't care. The free version use to allow 30 passcards as well you can still have that but you got to go back to a older version.

jthoele

Jun 15, 2014

I agree with Corky. I will gladly pay $20 a year for Roboform.

---

Hi,

Welcome to AnandTech Forums. I locked the thread because the previous reply was around three and a half years ago.

Our members refer to such posts as "necro" posts, and some of them tend to post replies ranging from sarcastic to hostile, including possible accusations of spamming, whether warranted or not.

You are welcome to continue posting on our forums. Thanks for understanding. We hope you enjoy yourself on our forums. :)

Harvey
Senior AnandTech Moderator/Administrator

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.