For those that doubted JimRaynor...

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
EDIT: Ah, a link to the original thread that actually makes your post relevant. That's helpful.

aolj

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2000
What happened to him? I've seen him post here before and he always talked about Starcraft too.

How did he pass away?

My condolences. :(

Edit: Nevermind. I just read the thread.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
what's that old saying, "If you don't have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all." I think some on this board could use that.

KK

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
JimRaynor -- No words can say enough. My best thoughts are with you and your family. :(
rose.gif

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
my condolences Jim. Good luck to you and your family in this trying time.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Originally posted by: AntaresVI
This is forbidden

AnandTech Moderator

I dont understand.

Asking for donations. If someone else started a "donate money for cause X" that'd be ok

My condolences Jim :(

He wasn't asking for donations. he just was forbidden to post a FS/T thread in Off topic. That is basically what he did. I'm not sure why the mods just didn't move it, but regardless, he wasn't asking for handouts. He was selling his rig and parts.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
I just read the thread again... wow... there are just some insensitive a$$holes in there... :|

zbalat

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: boyRacer
I just read the thread again... wow... there are just some insensitive a$$holes in there... :|

Quite a few posts were deleted by the mods too. It was ugly for a while early on.

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: hjo3
EDIT: Ah, a link to the original thread that actually makes your post relevant. That's helpful.

Happy New Year to you too. If you were in the discussion, you likely knew what it was about. If you weren't then you probably didn't need to know at this point.

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats

Happy New Year to you too. If you were in the discussion, you likely knew what it was about. If you weren't then you probably didn't need to know at this point.
Why? AT is a community, just because we weren't around to participate in that thread doesn't mean we can't give sympathies later. I've gone through a death of a family member before and every sympathy was appreciated, no matter who you were or when you gave it.

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: PoPPeR
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats

Why? AT is a community, just because we weren't around to participate in that thread doesn't mean we can't give sympathies later. I've gone through a death of a family member before and every sympathy was appreciated, no matter who you were or when you gave it.

Well, the purpose of my thread was to alert those who had been jerks to JR, that he was not lying. They know who they are. This thread is not meant to be a sympathy thread persay. The original thread, although locked is around. Those interested in conveying sympathies should visit JR's thread in FS/FT and give him a bump or PM him.