For those still considering Win2K SP3

CTho9305

Elite Member
Jul 26, 2000
that page doesn't render right in mozilla 1.0. proof of lazy coders @ ms taking shortcuts ;)

AndyHui

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member<br>AT FAQ M
Oct 9, 1999
Just about all of those Hotfixes listed are not generally available to the public. You either have to manually look for them buried deep in the KB, or request it directly from Microsoft. They are not offered on Windows Update.

I don't think very many people will be affected.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Well I can tell you one thing, SP3 jacked up my connection to the net! :| IE had problems opening up web pages and other apps that needed the net showed connection, then a disconnect. I also noticed it took a lot longer to get an IP from my Linksys router using SP3. :( Updating my NIC drivers didn't help either. I was getting pissed! Before SP3 everything worked PERFECT with SP2 and every update MS had to the OS. When I uninstalled SP3, everything was back to normal. I don't know what the hell was in SP3 that killed my internet acces but I'm leaving it alone for awhile. :(

vash

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Is that SP3 really official? Cmon, if MS isn't touting this file to their corporate customers, or on their website, I don't think its totally real. I remember the SP3 fiasco with NT4, many moons ago.

vash

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Is that SP3 really official? Cmon, if MS isn't touting this file to their corporate customers, or on their website, I don't think its totally real. I remember the SP3 fiasco with NT4, many moons ago.
Do a Windows Update on your 2000 machine, it's a critical update.

Commish

Jan 11, 2001
Thanks for that link, our management wanted to have us start testing this almost immediately.

Thor86

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
Is there anything critical that is absolutely necessary to update to SP3 that a SP2 with SRP1 and all hotfixes hasn't covered?