For those of you who travel with people outside your immediate family...

cjchaps

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2000
My wife and I are both around 30 and have a 1 year old. When I was younger(less than 16) my parents and brother and I would all go on vacations. I haven't traveled on vacation with my parents since then. My parents are retiring soon and I asked them if they would be interested in going on vacation with us and they said yes.

For the past 15 years while on vacation I would stay in either B&B's or hotels. Now that I may be traveling with my parents I have to figure out the best options. For those of you who have gone on vacation like this how do you usually arrange it?

Do you just get separate hotel hotel rooms?
Do you rent a vacation home?
Do you rent a condo/apartment?
What other options are there?

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
I think that all depends on where you are going, what amenities you are looking for, what your budget is and how long you are staying.

cjchaps

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2000
The first trip we were thinking about was going to visit San Francisco for about a week. Don't really have a budget estimate yet.

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: cjchaps
Do you just get separate hotel hotel rooms?
Do you rent a vacation home?
Do you rent a condo/apartment?
What other options are there?

most places in the world - separate hotel rooms
beach areas - rent vacation condo

if you're travelling to an expensive area (i.e. europe) with kids in tow, it's cheaper to look into apartments for rent for a week - cook your own food, and everyone will probably be a bit more comfortable.

for SF, i'd just get two hotel rooms.