For those of you that found your calling in life, how did you arrive at that job decision?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Yeah, i know, do what makes you happy. Unfortunately, i dont know what makes me happy. every hobby i've tried was fun at first, then slowly stopped appealing to me.

So if you found your calling in life, how did you arrive at it?

Connoisseur

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2002
I'm a technology consultant who works for lawyers and I really like my job; I can even see myself in it for a few years. I'm assuming you're still in college or just recently out. My advice is attend a LOT of career fairs and info sessions where available. I graduated college with a BS in Electrical Engineering but I HATED my major. I didn't want to do straight programming or hardware design my whole life. But I attended a couple of info sessions and realized that I like consulting (i.e. working with people) a lot. I then started applying to every consulting position I can find. Other than that advice, there's also a fair bit of luck bumping into the right job.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Reading, constantly learning, and getting back to nature. Too bad I have no time to do any of those things. :(

KillerAngel

Mar 24, 2001
Originally posted by: JEDI
Yeah, i know, do what makes you happy. Unfortunately, i dont know what males me happy. every hobby i've tried was fun at first, then slowly stopped appealing to me.

So if you found your calling in life, how did you arrive at it?

Are you SURE you don't know what makes you happy?