for those of you that are conservative or right leaning...

?

• not a conservative

• conservative - hard core christian

• conservative - christian but not practicing

• conservative - not christian, but religious

• conservative - not religious at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 10, 2007
would you consider yourself to be Christian?

crap, forgot the poll- please delete/lock.
poll is up.

Last edited:

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
do you have the thread tools button on the upper right corner of your thread? you can add polls there.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
would you consider yourself to be Christian?

My conservatism is based on economics, the structure of our government, and the defense of our nation from foreign influences.

I attended a wedding once.. other than that I've never set foot inside a Church.

The answer is absolutely no.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
My conservatism is based on economics, the structure of our government, and the defense of our nation from foreign influences.

I attended a wedding once.. other than that I've never set foot inside a Church.

The answer is absolutely no.

I just assumed the OP meant social conservatives.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
What are you trying to answer with the poll? A bit of understanding of your objective would be nice. It would help us understand how to answer. Much like the others have said. Are you talking conservative socially or economically or do you mean republican party? etc etc... I'm economically conservative (don't like welfare), socially moderate (I like freedoms and a reduction of police force, etc), and I consider myself a hardcore christian... But I did not respond to this poll because I'm not sure the real question here.

Jul 10, 2007
What are you trying to answer with the poll? A bit of understanding of your objective would be nice. It would help us understand how to answer. Much like the others have said. Are you talking conservative socially or economically or do you mean republican party? etc etc... I'm economically conservative (don't like welfare), socially moderate (I like freedoms and a reduction of police force, etc), and I consider myself a hardcore christian... But I did not respond to this poll because I'm not sure the real question here.

in my small world of politics, there's liberal, conservative and moderate. pick the one that suits you most.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
in my small world of politics, there's liberal, conservative and moderate. pick the one that suits you most.

In reality there is really only 2 when it comes down to the federal government.
Those who believe in the constitution and those who don't.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
In my world of politics, conservative/liberal have more to do with fiscal policy and government power rather than Bible thumping or gay pride marches.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
How about another line item...

Conservative -- Religious, but prioritizes wallet issues over all else when voting.

That would be me.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Not really an accurate poll response for me. Fiscally conservative, socially moderate, Christian.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Jesus was a flaming liberal who ended obeying the law as a ticket to heaven. It's not the letter but the spirit that counts and that is a profoundly liberal attitude. Conservatism is just another word for a programmed authoritarian mechanical. A Christian conservative is another word for hypocrite.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
conservative - not religious at all

I don't think many who filled that in are just trying to skew the results.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam
God is on my side.

No, I had to make the difficult decision to be on His side. It went against everything I believed. For reasons I don't understand I just had to be honest regardless of the cost which turned out to be everything I had that I valued.