For those like Peter did Christ, who are thinking of denying Trump thrice...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The Republican Base flat out opposes those.

You spread more mandates, more good old boys will plot to overthrow more government officials.
How about losing doctor and hospital privileges if you seen not wearing a mask in a crowded environment not socially distant?

Reactions: hal2kilo

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
How about losing doctor and hospital privileges if you seen not wearing a mask in a crowded environment not socially distant?
That's inhumane. A fine structure should do the trick (1st offense, 2nd offense, escalating fines).

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That's inhumane. A fine structure should do the trick (1st offense, 2nd offense, escalating fines).
So is giving someone a deadly disease. Think those MAGAs will pay fines? Then good luck enforcing unless you start arresting people. I'm ok with arrest. You can put them all in the same cells.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Maybe we can convince them all to get MAGA tattoos on their foreheads before election day? You ain't a real Trump supporter unless you have one!

Feb 4, 2009
Maybe we can convince them all to get MAGA tattoos on their foreheads before election day? You ain't a real Trump supporter unless you have one!

Easy, tell the deplorable’s since so many liberal governors have made it illegal to take pictures of how you voted we need everyone to get a MAGA tattoo in their neck, face or forehead. That way we can count who voted MAGA and we’ll see that their are millions and million and maybe billions of us.

Reactions: dank69

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Easy, tell the deplorable’s since so many liberal governors have made it illegal to take pictures of how you voted we need everyone to get a MAGA tattoo in their neck, face or forehead. That way we can count who voted MAGA and we’ll see that their are millions and million and maybe billions of us.
I'm down. Could be like Brad Pitts solution in inglorious basterds. A reminder of who the fucking fascists were.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'm down. Could be like Brad Pitts solution in inglorious basterds. A reminder of who the fucking fascists were.
This is exactly what I've been thinking (and where my idea came from) but figured nobody would be down for it. Trumpkins are fucking gullible though so I bet we could make the tattoo thing happen for at least some of them.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
My GF is a big trumpie, as most here already know after she found me logged in one day and started to troll under Tenacious Teez, ANYWAYS, she will not believe anything I tell her about his history and like Skyking, I had been reading about trump since at least the 90s and knew he was a con man and shafted his contractors and many went out of business because of him.
Do you really want to spend time with someone that stupid. She may be hawt as hell, but damn dude there is so much more.

Actually she may look good, but the lack of intelligence negates hawt... full stop

Reactions: uclaLabrat

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Do you really want to spend time with someone that stupid. She may be hawt as hell, but damn dude there is so much more.

Actually she may look good, but the lack of intelligence negates hawt... full stop
other than politics we're good, she is just a faux viewer.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
This is exactly what I've been thinking (and where my idea came from) but figured nobody would be down for it. Trumpkins are fucking gullible though so I bet we could make the tattoo thing happen for at least some of them.

Maybe they'd be into some free movie tickets.

Inglourious-Basterds-Shosanna.png

No mask required, pack 'em in.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I saw this coming. I'm not including Romney because he's told the truth about Trump in the past. Not necessarily for altruistic reasons.

I give you the first Peter, Ben Sasse

I'll let you read the details because it's stuff we knew about Trump all along. Well Ben, you are too late. If you said this shit a year ago would have come off as a hero. Now you are just Peter betraying Christ. Think people are going to give you a second change because you are having a deathbed conversion 2 weeks before the election? Ben you are full of shit. However if you really want people to believe you there is a way. Vote no when ACB vote comes up.

Unless that happens you are just a double lying sack of shit. A no vote will show just a little sincerity.

There will be others. Just wait.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I saw this coming. I'm not including Romney because he's told the truth about Trump in the past. Not necessarily for altruistic reasons.

I give you the first Peter, Ben Sasse

I'll let you read the details because it's stuff we knew about Trump all along. Well Ben, you are too late. If you said this shit a year ago would have come off as a hero. Now you are just Peter betraying Christ. Think people are going to give you a second change because you are having a deathbed conversion 2 weeks before the election? Ben you are full of shit. However if you really want people to believe you there is a way. Vote no when ACB vote comes up.

Unless that happens you are just a double lying sack of shit. A no vote will show just a little sincerity.

There will be others. Just wait.
Ben Sasse prefers his criminal associates to be more civil in public. Nothing more than that.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
However if you really want people to believe you there is a way. Vote no when ACB vote comes up.
That's not going to happen
So that means he's lying twice. A real double down scumbag. Did he furrow his brow and say Trump learned his lesson?
LOL, no. Politically, in terms of his re-election campaign, Sasse made a smart move. Apparently, he doesn't like the deal he made with the devil and wants his soul back. Unsurprisingly as a politician, his conscience is fungible. I expect more capitulations when Trump loses. I do hope many republicans go back to just being neocons instead lunatics, seriously - even though neocons are wrong about many, many issues - at least some of them were sane.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That's not going to happen

LOL, no. Politically, in terms of his re-election campaign, Sasse made a smart move. Apparently, he doesn't like the deal he made with the devil and wants his soul back. Unsurprisingly as a politician, his conscience is fungible. I expect more capitulations when Trump loses. I do hope many republicans go back to just being neocons instead lunatics, seriously - even though neocons are wrong about many, many issues - at least some of them were sane.

Spreading Free! Freedom! And Liberty! at gunpoint is not a sane concept.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Spreading Free! Freedom! And Liberty! at gunpoint is not a sane concept.
At gunpoint??? Do you mean the neocon love for foreign wars/conflict?
Then, yes, absolutely no sane reason that American Service men/women need to die abroad to "spread democracy".

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
My GF is a big trumpie, as most here already know after she found me logged in one day and started to troll under Tenacious Teez, ANYWAYS, she will not believe anything I tell her about his history and like Skyking, I had been reading about trump since at least the 90s and knew he was a con man and shafted his contractors and many went out of business because of him.

seriously dont know how i could have a significant other that's a trumper... that just screams character flaw to me. but hey more power to you

Reactions: TheVrolok

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Honestly we need some level of compromise. Hopefully the Senate is taken and filibuster eliminated. Yeah I know there will be pain at some later date but that pain brings accountability with it. Want to over turn ACA, go for it and then explain why you did it.
After a few losses I would assume even the most hardcore no compromise guys would find compromise. Hard to be a law maker who sits on the sidelines for everything.
I think the "first 100 days" activities should be limited to securing our democracy and passing bills that strengthening the institutions, laws, and "traditions" that the GOP and trump have flouted the last 4 years.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Another Peter comes to the fore. How many more are going to pretend they are all of a sudden troubled by Trump?
Nikki Haley criticizes Trump and says he has no future in the GOP (msn.com)

This leads to an interesting question.
Do you want to see them rewarded for playing the part, of "rejecting" Trump now?
Or do you want to watch them all burn together?

A more powerful move now, is to encourage them to denounce him. If you try to keep them all lumped together, such a move to stereotype and generalize half the nation would cause backlash against us - instead of furthering a divide amongst them. The Republican Party has a weakness to exploit, but it must be done through precision, with a surgeon's knife. A blunt instrument would miss its mark.

To further illustrate . If we try to cancel half the nation, half the nation is going to cancel us in return. No limit to how badly that can escalate. There are far too many among us who are giddy at the thought of M.A.D. in the United States. Rather than a practical approach to shatter the Republican Party.