[For The Lulz] Fallout: Alaska !

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Imagine the next chapter in the Fallout series: it's Fallout - in the snow! Skyrim with guns!
the plot line would be something like...a Chinese elite commando unit is trying to take over the last remaining oil fields in Alaska. they have an army of savages going from town to town on their snow-mobiles and torching houses. After your house burns down, you swear to find the people responsible and put an end to their tyranny!
as you go higher and higher up the chain of command you start to find out someone from your childhood is involved. she was a sweet young girl named Sarah Wilson who you went to high-school with, and had some feelings for, and you struggle to understand why she is part of a Chinese Elite Commando unit??
then you realize it. she is not Sarah Wilson - she is...Sarah Pei-Lin ! how could you have not seen it?? (duh she was Asian!)
now you must decide if you're going to kill her to try to convince her to step down and put an end to the atrocities. what will you do??

there will be lots of Bears, wolves and Deer hunting for food, setting up campfires, skiing and shotguns.

Last edited:

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
I'll do you one better.

Fallout: Alaska -- everyone froze to death. The end.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
not necessarily nuke Alaska, but rather the state is in complete anarchy after the dismantlement of any form of government.
but i'll admit i only did it for the Sarah joke :D yeah, i'm willing to go that far for a joke.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Have any of the current Fallout games made any mention of the world outside of the US? For all you know, China could be completely obliterated.

amddude

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2006
Have any of the current Fallout games made any mention of the world outside of the US? For all you know, China could be completely obliterated.

I don't see that translating well to American players. There's an awful lot of colloquialism in Fallout.

Oct 25, 2006

They mention some other countries in the games. Any country that had a nuke is basically 99% wasteland. China is unlivable because it got the brunt of the nukes. When you go into space in Mothership Zeta, you can see china and its basically a country sized version of the glow.

Truthslayer

Dec 21, 2010
I thought Operation: Anchorage already covered this in some way? Mind you, not irradiated to hell and back, but I felt it covered what was generally possible in the region.

festa_freak

Dec 2, 2011
There are MANY defensive zones set up throughout Alaska because of the close proximity to the former Soviet Union. I'm a Canadian and we have many defensive bases near Alaska as well. During the cold war you can imagine how at risk alaska was. You need to know how many untapped natural resources there are there right? There are ALOT! That is why and how a fallout: alaska could be plausible. During the cold war it got nuked.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
There are MANY defensive zones set up throughout Alaska because of the close proximity to the former Soviet Union. I'm a Canadian and we have many defensive bases near Alaska as well. During the cold war you can imagine how at risk alaska was. You need to know how many untapped natural resources there are there right? There are ALOT! That is why and how a fallout: alaska could be plausible. During the cold war it got nuked.

I don't think it would get nuked, it would be one of the primary locations of the ground war. Overall, it would probably be one of the more interesting places to set a Fallout RPG. Set it during the summer for the 20 hour days with only 4 hours of simi-dark, lots of forest filled with decaying military equipment guarded by malfunctioning defensive robots, cities controlled by the enemy, an ongoing American freedom fighter rebellion (or terrorist, mattering which side you listen to) organization to connect with. Abandoned gold mines, active uranium and iron mines, offshore oil platforms, oil pumping stations, refinery plants (where a stray bullet could blow everyone up!), and of course the wildlife (intentionally mutated by the terrorists Freedom Fighters into crazed killing machines, cyber-bears!).
I would play such a game.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
In FO 2 you find out that the US invaded Canada for its oil after depleting its own. The opening movie also shows a US soldier executing a Canadian in the same way as that famous Vietnam photo.

In FO 3 you find out the US was invaded by Chinese soldiers, so it makes sense that the US would have launched nukes against them.

Alaska could have been nuked by whichever side was losing the ground war between the US and Russia.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I don't see that translating well to American players. There's an awful lot of colloquialism in Fallout.

Yeah the main purpose of the game was to have dark American humor in an interesting setting. The post-apocalyptic feel was just for added lulz. Its not supposed to be an all-encompassing political rhetoric.