For the guys...girls can help too..;P

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sweetrobin

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2000
okay .. here is your pricing ... rings ... gold is the cheapest, white gold is slightly more expensive, and then platinum is even more so. Most good Jewelry stores will give you one free sizing when you buy a ring from them. Find a ring you like buy whatever size they get it in and then give it your girl. Then if it doesnt fit ... take her to the store to get it sized ... If you buy it else where .. the resizing of a ring is not terribly expensive . My engagement ring ( a family heirloom in E's family ) had to be sized up 2 and a half sizes and it only cost us $36.00. Its a diamond surrounded by sapphires (the stone for September which is when we are getting married) and the band is white gold. I personally like white gold alot better than yellow gold.

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000
Thanks sweetrobin....I'll try to find her birthstone and see what I can do with it. As for resizing, I think that can be fixed. :)

Anyway, got to go home now, thanks for al lthe info Viper, TG and Sweetrobin. :)

Wah

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
Tiffany & Co. website has a ring sizer that you print out... its like a little paper ruler with ring sizes on them.

...but you need her finger for the measurement.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
hehe, true story here:

visgf were at mount rushmore up in the black hills about a year and a half ago. We were browsing through the gift shop and found a ring for her that both of us liked. I wanted to buy it for her, but she wouldn't let me.

I proposed that she let me buy it if I could guess her size. She thought I had a snowball's chance in hell of guessing it- I called her bluff, said size 6 and nailed her size right on the money :D

She's still amazed to this day that I nailed that ring size.

jcballer1

Nov 16, 2000
definitely platinum...

definitely diamond...

definitely only for marriage (not just for any old thing)