For supposedly being focused on making jobs...

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Dem's Senate and Obama won't allow anything to pass anyway, so why NOT piss the time away until the next election?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Dem's Senate and Obama won't allow anything to pass anyway, so why NOT piss the time away until the next election?

This is in the Wisconsin legislature, which currently has Republicans in control of the Assembly, one vote lead in the Senate, and the governor is Republican.

It could very easily pass.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
This is in the Wisconsin legislature, which currently has Republicans in control of the Assembly, one vote lead in the Senate, and the governor is Republican.

It could very easily pass.

Why should republicans do anything in that state? Seems like dems do nothing but leave when the going gets tough. At least the republicans stick in out in Madison, even if you think its worthless. So the republicans bring a job bill up to vote on...the dems just run to IL instead of voting on it. So why try.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Why should republicans do anything in that state? Seems like dems do nothing but leave when the going gets tough. At least the republicans stick in out in Madison, even if you think its worthless. So the republicans bring a job bill up to vote on...the dems just run to IL instead of voting on it. So why try.

I'm not sure what your point is in relation to the OP.

My point is that the GOP has no business introducing or passing bills about stupid crap like this when they said their focus is on creating private-sector jobs.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

Even though it's unrelated to the topic, did you seriously just say that? The Republican Senate minority from 2009-2011 filibustered more than any two previous Senate minorities in history. The current Senate minority is on pace to filibuster more than any but the previous session's. You have the most obstructive Senate minority in history and you say it's Dems and Obama that won't let anything pass? The only thing the current House is trying to pass are highly partisan and contentious bills that they know have no chance of passing the Senate and they're doing it just to be political rather than actually fix anything.

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
It's simple; don't tell me what to do with my body, money and life. But, I sure as hell can tell you what to do with your body, money and life.

It's the contradipublican's way of living in the USA.

Last edited:

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Until or unless someone can explain to me how a bill promoting abstinence-only sex ed will create private-sector jobs, there's no valid defense for the introduction of this bill.. particularly in a special legislative session called by the governor specifically to focus on job creation.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
I'm not sure what your point is in relation to the OP.

My point is that the GOP has no business introducing or passing bills about stupid crap like this when they said their focus is on creating private-sector jobs.

My point is you trying to call out the GOP in that state as if the other side has something to bring to the table. The Dems in that state have zero room to talk about what the GOP do now that they have shown their true colors and what they do when they don't get their way. What a joke.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I don't put much faith in polls, and neither should you.

What I can tell you Wisconsin is ground Zero for the fight for workers Rights and the movement to Recall this douchebag is VERY serious in fact he has been preparing for it for months now so he is obviously taking it serious too.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
My point is you trying to call out the GOP in that state as if the other side has something to bring to the table. The Dems in that state have zero room to talk about what the GOP do now that they have shown their true colors and what they do when they don't get their way. What a joke.

Sounds like the same reaction the Repugs had to the Affordable Healthcare Act.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
This is what our government does.

Tens of thousands of US Citizens protesting all around the country and we have people who are worried about sex ed... We have the internet. They will figure things out.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Don't worry we are in the process of Recalling our Dictator ;)

This morning's paper reported because of an alleged loophole Wisconsin has absolutely no campaign contribution restrictions for the recall elections. The Koch brothers are going to flood the great state of Wisconsin with the finest politicians money can buy.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

You're realllllly reaching this time.

The GOP controls every part of elected government but because the Democrats engaged in what amounted to a filibuster on one bill the failure of the state government to act on anything else ever is totally the Democrats' fault from now on.

BTW, this is hardly something new. The GOP doesn't campaign on social conservatism any more, but they still hold most if not all of the old social conservatism. Even if they don't campaign on it, they don't deny that they have medieval views on sex and so I don't know why people are surprised that they pass these laws once in office.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003

I never said the Dems had anything to bring to the table, but that's completely beside the point.

How does the Dems running away justify the GOP trying to pass abstinence-only education at a time and place in which jobs are the stated purpose?

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
This morning's paper reported because of an alleged loophole Wisconsin has absolutely no campaign contribution restrictions for the recall elections. The Koch brothers are going to flood the great state of Wisconsin with the finest politicians money can buy.

We saw this when we Recalled to Repug Senators on the last go around. At least the Repubs won't be able to use the sleaze tactic of running a fake candidate this go around.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
I never said the Dems had anything to bring to the table, but that's completely beside the point.

How does the Dems running away justify trying to pass abstinence-only education at a time and place in which jobs are the stated purpose?

It doesn't. My point is that it doesn't matter what the people in the statehouse in WI do. Its quite apparent that neither side gives a shit about the people of WI. Too bad the majority of the people in WI are too focused on what the unions are telling them to do about Walker when there are much bigger problems. Oh wait, recalling Walker will fix all the problems, that's right.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
This is what our government does.

Tens of thousands of US Citizens protesting all around the country and we have people who are worried about sex ed... We have the internet. They will figure things out.

On the flip side, I doubt the politicians in the GOP that are pushing this draconian law would even know how to use the internet ;)

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
It doesn't. My point is that it doesn't matter what the people in the statehouse in WI do. Its quite apparent that neither side gives a shit about the people of WI. Too bad the majority of the people in WI are too focused on what the unions are telling them to do about Walker when there are much bigger problems. Oh wait, recalling Walker will fix all the problems, that's right.

Should've said that from the beginning. Up until then you looked like a GOP apologist.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

HAHAAHAHAHAHA The crux of the Recall in my State is to ELIMINATE a plutocracy.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I wanted Walker to apply his collective bargaining restrictions to all public-sector unions, not exclude police/firefighters.