For supposedly being focused on making jobs...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Should've said that from the beginning. Up until then you looked like a GOP apologist.

How? I said nothing good about what the GOP are doing. I didn't defend any of this. All I said is that the other side is as much a joke. If anything, you are showing your partisanship by trying to point out how stupid the GOP are in WI. Doesn't really help that the other side has already beaten the GOP hands down in the asshat department.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
HAHAAHAHAHAHA The crux of the Recall in my State is to ELIMINATE a plutocracy.

So you recall Walker. Now what?!? You are stuck with the dems who do nothing but throw temper tantrums when they don't get their way and the the republicans who couldn't find their ass from a whole in the ground. Congrats though, you are now leaderless too. Oh boy. o_O

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I wanted Walker to apply his collective bargaining restrictions to all public-sector unions, not exclude police/firefighters.

Why?? The reason for the Budget fallout in my State are due to the Financial collapse. Walker even admitted on the hill that eliminating collective bargaining had nothing to do with the States budget but everything to do with the Right Wing Koch bros/ALEC agenda.

Last edited:

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
So you recall Walker. Now what?!? You are stuck with the dems who do nothing but throw temper tantrums when they don't get their way and the the republicans who couldn't find their ass from a whole in the ground. Congrats though, you are now leaderless too. Oh boy. o_O

That sounds like the Repubs in Congress with their unparralled obstructionism and crying about President Obama not having a jobs bill but when he produces one now gets bashed for Campaigning for Reelection :rolleyes: You guys love having it both ways don't ya....

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
How? I said nothing good about what the GOP are doing. I didn't defend any of this. All I said is that the other side is as much a joke.

You didn't say anything bad about what the GOP was doing up until the last post and instead talked only about the Dems actions on a totally unrelated issue. Maybe you weren't being a GOP "apologist", but "deflector" definitely.

If anything, you are showing your partisanship by trying to point out how stupid the GOP are in WI.

No, up until the post of yours I mentioned you were being partisan.

And it's indeed very stupid of the GOP to exclude police/firefighter unions from their collective bargaining changes.

Last edited:

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Why?? The reason for the Budget fallout in my State are due to the Financial collapse. Walker even admitted on the hill that eliminating collective bargaining had nothing to do with the States budget but everything to do with the Right Wing Koch bros/ALEC agenda.

Because public-sector unions have too much power. They protect the incompetent/lazy and resist efforts to improve employee performance.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
That sounds like the Repubs in Congress with their unparralled obstructionism and crying about President Obama not having a jobs bill but when he produces one now gets bashed for Campaigning for Reelection :rolleyes: You guys love having it both ways don't ya....

Right then, deflection it is. Can't figure out your own state's problems so just move on to something else.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Right then, deflection it is. Can't figure out your own state's problems so just move on to something else.

No deflection just pointing out the GOP's rampant hypocrisy and we have figured out what to do with our State's problem it's called RECALL.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Because public-sector unions have too much power. They protect the incompetent/lazy and resist efforts to improve employee performance.

Well at least you believe what the GOP wants their sheep to believe ;) The real reason for the the Rights JIHAD on unions has to do with funding elections.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
I'm not sure what your point is in relation to the OP.

My point is that the GOP has no business introducing or passing bills about stupid crap like this when they said their focus is on creating private-sector jobs.

So if my focus at work is to make sure that our inventory is up to date I can't stop to answer the phone and take an order?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
So if my focus at work is to make sure that our inventory is up to date I can't stop to answer the phone and take an order?

Poor analogy. A better one would be stop checking inventory to engage in small-talk with co-workers.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

As long as it doesn't take over a year which is the same amount of time the GOP's been in control of my State's Senate.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
This is in the Wisconsin legislature, which currently has Republicans in control of the Assembly, one vote lead in the Senate, and the governor is Republican.

It could very easily pass.

A State is going to make jobs now? I thought they all came from the money tree in Washington DC.

That said, what do you want, no further legislation in this country until the economy recovers? Unless it 'creates jobs'?. Then they might argue we need special absitence only teachers. Hire and create jobs! This is a jobs bill. You can ask for the moon, and they'll spin it down from the sky in a web of lies.

If you demand jobs bills, then every bill will be one. They could simply throw in additional funding to hire a handful of teachers. That'll make it count.

Maybe you'll demand some common sense, and state that this is obviously not a jobs bill. If they had common sense, they never would have thought of abstinence in the first place. You are that fox in a river, with the scorpion on your back. Fool.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Abstinence only sex-ed is one of the great shibboleths of the fearful fringe. Being stupid & counterproductive fits right in with the rest of their program, and Repubs are more than happy to pander to stupid. It's their loyal base, the people who will stick with them through thick & thin, to the point of living in shacks while adulating the people in the big house on the hill...

Wealth is a sign of God's favor, and of righteousness, don'tcha know?

ComradeBeck

Jun 16, 2011
The repubs are clueless, their soap opera reality talk radio/foxnews fanbois doubly so.

The country is trying to get back on it's feet and they are still clueless and bitter reliving their phony 60s "culture war" in their little media echo chamber.

The right is pretty much down to a few old dudes shaking their fist at a cloud ranting while the rest shake their heads sadly at the disconnect with reality.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
A State is going to make jobs now? I thought they all came from the money tree in Washington DC.

That said, what do you want, no further legislation in this country until the economy recovers? Unless it 'creates jobs'?. Then they might argue we need special absitence only teachers. Hire and create jobs! This is a jobs bill. You can ask for the moon, and they'll spin it down from the sky in a web of lies.

If you demand jobs bills, then every bill will be one. They could simply throw in additional funding to hire a handful of teachers. That'll make it count.

Maybe you'll demand some common sense, and state that this is obviously not a jobs bill. If they had common sense, they never would have thought of abstinence in the first place. You are that fox in a river, with the scorpion on your back. Fool.

I suggest putting down the bong for a while.

I've never been a subscriber to the delusion that government can do a lot to make private-sector jobs.

My anger at this action by the Wisconsin GOP is rooted in the fact that they're wasting time on stupid crap like this when all of their effort... especially given why they said this special session was called... should be put into passing bills that lower taxes, cut government spending, and eliminate unnecessary regulations.

I also think the government, even at the state level, has no business enacting anything to restrict something so social-engineering oriented as whether or not to teach abstinence-only in sex ed.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I'm not sure what your point is in relation to the OP.

My point is that the GOP has no business introducing or passing bills about stupid crap like this when they said their focus is on creating private-sector jobs.

The GOP in the US Congress is different from those in a state legislature. The one has no control over, or really even a relationship with, the other.

You're mixing apples and oranges.

Also, your post isn't clear. Without reading the link one can easily be fooled into thinking the Repubs in US Congress are spending time on this bill.

It's Wisc. Who cares?

Fern

Ichigo

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2005
lmao it's so easy to derail a thread when you are afraid to discuss the actual OP

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
It's Wisc. Who cares?

Fern

I'll remember that the next time a thread gets started about some lame piece of legislation introduced by dems in, say, California. You know, those threads that pop up 2-3 times a week? Funny, I can't recall any of the right wing critics in those threads going out of their way to make a distinction between dems in Washington and dems in Sacramento.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
My anger at this action by the Wisconsin GOP is rooted in the fact that they're wasting time on stupid crap like this when all of their effort... especially given why they said this special session was called... should be put into passing bills that lower taxes, cut government spending, and eliminate unnecessary regulations.

Disappointed that they've backed off in their race to the bottom? That they're back to their usual pandering? Are you really surprised?

Cut, cut, cut! isn't turning out to be a real hot seller, perhaps for reasons you fail to appreciate. They'll be back to it soon enough in a frog boiling sort of scenario...

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
The GOP in the US Congress is different from those in a state legislature. The one has no control over, or really even a relationship with, the other.

Thank you, Capt. Obvious.

You're mixing apples and oranges.

Also, your post isn't clear. Without reading the link one can easily be fooled into thinking the Repubs in US Congress are spending time on this bill.

After the 3rd post in this thread, in which I outlined that this is about Wisconsin, it should be perfectly clear which legislature is introducing this bill.

It's Wisc. Who cares?

Fern

As a Wisconsin resident, I do.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I'll remember that the next time a thread gets started about some lame piece of legislation introduced by dems in, say, California. You know, those threads that pop up 2-3 times a week? Funny, I can't recall any of the right wing critics in those threads going out of their way to make a distinction between dems in Washington and dems in Sacramento.

Well, feel free to remember.

But also try to remember that this poster created an OP that looks to tar the entire GOP, makes no mention whatsoever that this is only the Wisc legislature. Anybody could be excused for thinking he's complaining about US Congress, as some posters above have.

If he said outright this was about Wisc he may have a point. However, he hasn't even established that the Wisc GOP party members ran on a platform of only creating jobs. Until then he doesn't even have a valid point about Wisc.

Anybody wanna post a stupid state bill being proposed somewhere? I've never cared. People are free to complain just as states are basically free to pass things I disagree with. But to get me to click on a link thinking it's about federal when it's just Wisc annoys me.

Fern

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Heh. The ones in the federal legislature are usually hand picked graduates from the state legislatures selected for their ideological purity and willingness to be bought. It's just a lot cheaper at the state level.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Poor analogy. A better one would be stop checking inventory to engage in small-talk with co-workers.

No. Small talk is not part of my job, but making legislation is part of their job, whether you agree with the legislation or not.