For Sale/Trade

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

clown007

Jun 13, 2012
I am just a new member.Once playing games,I found it.Is it really so trouble?
- mmohunter -

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Me too. I've been a long time member but don't have access.

Recently, we instituted a new rule that requires members to have made 25 posts before they can view our For Sale/Trade forum. We did this to stop "drive by" auction sellers and would be scammers.

You have been a member for three years, but you have not posted until today. You should be able to view our Sale/Trade forum once you have made the required number of posts.

Did you participate on our forums under another user name, or are you just recently become interested in participating on?

If you have any further problems, PM me, and I will be glad to help you. :)

frankfuster

Jan 29, 2005
Hello, I believe I have more than the required number of posts and have been a member since 200'5. I noticed that I dont have access to the For Sale forum as the other users stated.

I would like to request access.

Thank you.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Hello, I believe I have more than the required number of posts and have been a member since 200'5. I noticed that I dont have access to the For Sale forum as the other users stated.

I would like to request access.

Thank you.

I just checked your profile, and it shows that you should be able to view FS/T. If this is the first time you've logged on since we made the change, it would have automatically updated your profile.

Try logging off and logging on, again. If that doesn't do it, PM me, and I'll check further.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Any reason why I might not be able to access FS/T? I haven't posted here in.....years, but I'd like to get back in the swing of things :)

Thanks!

TonyH

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 20, 2000
Any reason why I might not be able to access FS/T? I haven't posted here in.....years, but I'd like to get back in the swing of things :)

Thanks!
If you haven't logged in since the rules were implemented to restrict new members you may have to wait for the server to update your status. It doesn't happen instantly but it should be less than an hour.

LMK if you have any problems.

soholingo

Jul 10, 2000
My account changed to "imported_soholingo". When it used to be just soholingo. Can I get it back to soholingo and also get access to the FS/T forum.

I am an old, old, head has to be 97 or earlier when I first started posting here.

Thanks for the help.

codegrinder

Apr 21, 2005
hi, can I get mine reset too? I haven't been around in awhile.

Thanks!, looks like its working now.

Last edited:

govtcheez75

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2002
Recently, we instituted a new rule that requires members to have made 25 posts before they can view our For Sale/Trade forum. We did this to stop "drive by" auction sellers and would be scammers.

You have been a member for three years, but you have not posted until today. You should be able to view our Sale/Trade forum once you have made the required number of posts.

Did you participate on our forums under another user name, or are you just recently become interested in participating on?

If you have any further problems, PM me, and I will be glad to help you. :)

I took a long hiatus, but used to participate here regularly (including having sold and bought 100's of things on the fs/ft forum).

Could I please regain access to it? :)

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I took a long hiatus, but used to participate here regularly (including having sold and bought 100's of things on the fs/ft forum).

Could I please regain access to it? :)

As Administrator TonyH said 4 posts back:

"If you haven't logged in since the rules were implemented to restrict new members you may have to wait for the server to update your status. It doesn't happen instantly but it should be less than an hour."

Your profile indicates you are good to go.

Deso

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I can't access FS/FT either. It seems you don't have my email account linked to my old username (y0shi, I'm registered with over a hundred trades on heatware iirc), so I cannot recover my old account. Could you waive the 25 post requirement in light of this? I would not like to make weak posts just to meet the requirement.

EDIT: I'm registered on Hardocp as y0shi and I've been around the community for over 10 years.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
I can't access FS/FT either. It seems you don't have my email account linked to my old username (y0shi, I'm registered with over a hundred trades on heatware iirc), so I cannot recover my old account. Could you waive the 25 post requirement in light of this? I would not like to make weak posts just to meet the requirement.

EDIT: I'm registered on Hardocp as y0shi and I've been around the community for over 10 years.

---

You were banned from our forums for bad trading in 2004. We have no reason to allow you to return, now.

Harvey
Senior AnandTech Moderator/Adminstrator

forumuser

Oct 10, 2012
Had to dig to find this. So, it will happen automatically after 25 posts, but takes about an hour to do? I'm trying to see an iPhone post.

Last edited:

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Had to dig to find this. So, it will happen automatically after 25 posts, but takes about an hour to do? I'm trying to see an iPhone post.

From the AnandTech forum Guidelines

"15) To access our FS/T forum, members must have a minimum post count of 25 along with being a registered member for 7 days"

From Please use the SEARCH function before making a thread in this forum

"Why can't I see the For Sale/For Trade Forum?

There is a small requirement for entry into our FS/T forum.

Specifically, there is a 25 post minimum and a 7 day membership requirement to be able to have access to that forum.

This requirement is also listed in the guidelines under #15, which can be found in the PFI sub forum."

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

"15) To access our FS/T forum, members must have a minimum post count of 25 along with being a registered member for 7 days"

You joined on Oct 10 per your profile.

You have two requirements to be met; you have only met one.

Bagger

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
I just resurrected my account from years ago and am unable to access For Sale/Trade. Can this be fixed?

Bagger

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
I must have read every message in this thread except for the 2 or 3 that already stated that, I swear! Thanks allisolm

soldallmymoney

Nov 2, 2012
I'm also having trouble accessing the For Sale/Trade forum. I was on here a couple years back but couldn't remember my info so I had to sign back up again. I waited a couple hours but I still am not able to access that forum. I would also like access! Thank you!

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
I'm also having trouble accessing the For Sale/Trade forum. I was on here a couple years back but couldn't remember my info so I had to sign back up again. I waited a couple hours but I still am not able to access that forum. I would also like access! Thank you!

for your current user handle; please read the thread; especially Post #42

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

Please make a thread in Moderator Discussions with the information about your previous account so we can see about restoring it and your FS/FT access.

Administrator allisolm

Last edited: