For just 8 minutes of your time..

kenji4life

Jun 20, 2006
This is for anyone who likes music, rock, or rock music.

Listen to the song, Only In Dreams, by Weezer.

If you like music or the term 'rockestra' you need to listen to this song as loud as you can stand.

when the 8 minutes are up, if you didn't have a musical orgasm, well..

I probably wouldn't get along with you :)

nothing personal.

btw argue as much as you wish but this imo is the best song of all time, and i listen to a LOT of music.. the entire blue album to me will never get old though.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Weezer is one of those bands where I either like a song or don't. This one falls into the don't category.

BKLounger

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
You're right. I had never heard that weezer song before and it is pretty damn good. Plus the last one and a half minutes do kick

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Man I love that song, it's a classic.

I remember seeing them play it live in the 90s, extended jam went on for 20 minutes and it was misting rain outside.. such an awesome experience.

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
So sorry to inform you, but your musical orgasm mechanism is due for a tuning and maintenance. Please go to your nearet music store and listen to some other selections to recalibrate.

jC

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Meh. Great, unforgettable background beat. When I first heard that I thought this had a great chance of being one of my favorite songs because I love strong backgrounds like that. But then, 8 minutes later, they did nothing with it.

It is like they took the highest quality liquor, pissed in it, and called it a mixed drink.

It is like they took the most sought-after steak, threw it in a dirty grass field and called it steak and vegetables.

Meh.

Alex

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
weezer isn't that great... in fact i don't really like them at all.... nice song tho... altho if you had an orgasm (albeit a "musical" one) in 8 minutes listening to music ..well.... i guess i don't really wanna hang out with you anyway! ;) :laugh:

May 16, 2000
I would really like my 8 minutes back. My current music library is about 70,000 songs. I've heard em all, and probably that many again that I don't have...heck, maybe even twice as many again. The song you rave about probably doesn't rate higher than about 50% for me. I'm glad it's awesome for you, but frankly I think it pretty much sucks.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
cant listen to it here, so I'll have to check it out at home. I anticipate liking it cuz I like weezer