For every hour of class you are supposed to study for three hours?????????

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Is that the correct saying? How many hours do you study for every hour you're in class?

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
I think its the other way around. I have about 6 hours of school each day not counting lunch and passing periods in high school. That would mean 18 hours of studying, lol

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Is that the correct saying? How many hours do you study for every hour you're in class?

what they told me was for every unit on the quarter system is how many hours of work you need to put into the class. 20 hours a week = 20 units.. wait that doesn't sound right.. I studied like an hour a day.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
I follow the rule exactly.

0 x 3 = 0

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo

0 x 3 = 0

heh, that is my rule. I dunno how I manage my 3.4 gpa, I guess its just luck.

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
That's what I've always heard but I've never held to it. I get by with a 1 to 1 or 1 to .5 rule just fine most of the time.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Originally posted by: minendo

0 x 3 = 0

Can't you take classes and or tests in which they'll just give you credits since you already know majority of the info?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
You're supposed to study one hour less for every hour that you attend class.

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
I went back to college 3 years ago,for 1 class;Diesel Engines,at the local commuinty college.

It was a 2 hour class,i spent from 30-90 mins doing homework,and reading,my notes i took,at class;
And reading the book/handed out info from the class.

I got all "A's".
I got an "A" Not curved in the final,and was glad,that i took Notes in class,and;
Did the homework!

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Originally posted by: cavemanmoron
I went back to college 3 years ago,for 1 class;Diesel Engines,at the local commuinty college.

It was a 2 hour class,i spent from 30-90 mins doing homework,and reading,my notes i took,at class;

I got all "A's".
I got an "A" Not curved in the final,and was glad,that i took Notes in class,and;
Did the homework!

You should try going back and attempting to get an A in English.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000

I got all "A's".
Did the homework!

He is an engineer he doesn't need perfect English. And go easy. This isn't an English grammer test. It is a forum.

Well I just do the hwk set. But I think I will read the notes though that I do make the same day.

Koing

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
high school is a breeze (even AP courses) compared to college. no wonder the SAT/ACT board say 42% of those entering college are not prepared.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001

LOL. I'd be lucky if each hour of class got 1 minute of outside-class. I do homework in class and I study...well, I don't really.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001

I got all "A's".
Did the homework!

Bold statement coming from someone who posts plenty of threads about his math skills being at a 7th grade level.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
no you study however much you need to. too many variables to make general figures like that meaningful.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Originally posted by: notfred

I got all "A's".
Did the homework!

Bold statement coming from someone who posts plenty of threads about his math skills being at a 7th grade level.

My math skills may be low but my English is up to par.