For dual monitor users, does your card show BIOS display on both?

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Friend has a 1060, 1 monitor to DVI, another one to HDMI, and only the DVI monitor shows the BIOS screen.
The HDMI monitor stays asleep until windows boots, then both monitors work fine.

This doesn't happen on my system (but I don't got a 1060), so, I am wondering, does this happen for everyone with a 10xx series card?

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
My GTX 960 - DVI connection active at power up, DP connection after boot.

neatfeatguy

Dec 26, 2011
I've never had multiple monitors display the BIOS screen before. Only the main monitor for me shows the splash screen and BIOS, once windows loads into the desktop then any other monitors I have show video. This is how it's been when using multiple GPUs and monitors going back to....
8800 GTS 512MB in SLI (two monitors, one on each card, both using DVI)
GTX 280 in SLI (two monitors, one on each card, both using DVI)
GTX 570 in SLI (three monitors, one on main card using DVI, two on second card, both using DVI)
GTX 980Ti in SLI (one on main card using HDMI, two other card using HDMI and DVI)

I always figured the video driver hasn't been loaded yet when BIOS loads since it loads up in Windows, so it wouldn't use more than just the main monitor.

PianoMan

Jan 28, 2006
I can corroborate others' experience: on my R7 240, it'd be single screen on DVI/HDMI, but both screens with DVI/VGA.

I forget when I had a dual DVI 750Ti what it would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ol2017

Dec 8, 2017
Friend has a 1060, 1 monitor to DVI, another one to HDMI, and only the DVI monitor shows the BIOS screen.
The HDMI monitor stays asleep until windows boots, then both monitors work fine.

This doesn't happen on my system (but I don't got a 1060), so, I am wondering, does this happen for everyone with a 10xx series card?

Hi,
I have figured out how to make bios boot start on hdmi not dvi first.
in windows press windows button and letter P and pick pc screen only.
now the hdmi screen will start with youre bios start boot.
so everty time you want the bios boot you turn off computer as pc screen only.
This worked for my GTX 1060 6b hope it works as well for you.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Hi,
I have figured out how to make bios boot start on hdmi not dvi first.
in windows press windows button and letter P and pick pc screen only.
now the hdmi screen will start with youre bios start boot.
so everty time you want the bios boot you turn off computer as pc screen only.
This worked for my GTX 1060 6b hope it works as well for you.
That would be odd... Windows can't normally control anything about the UEFI/BIOS init sequence, so, I am highly skeptical. However, the next time I am at his place, I will try it.

ol2017

Dec 8, 2017
this works when I have in displayport that is alone beside hdmi.
not work when I connect to the other 3 display port. :Z
pretty odd stuff..

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have a RX480 hooked up to two displays, one DP one HDMI. The main monitor is the DP monitor.

When i boot to the bios the HDMI monitor shows the BIOS. My main display will eventually show the bios as well, like 30-45 seconds later, usually when im done and just saving to exit it will fire up showing bios as well.

Kinesis

May 5, 2001
I had a 7970 and it displayed the UEFI on both screens (HDMI and DVI connections), but the 1070 I have only displaying on the one screen (DVI)