For 25 years of my life playing video games...

Clair de Lune

Banned
Sep 24, 2008
Good god, they designed her just perfectly. She's not just in-your-face scary, she's freaking WEEPING alone that echoes through the buildings. The closer you get to her, then the scary music accompanies the weeping.

The way her legs are cast aside on the floor and crying like a real woman, witnessing her alone sends the chill down my spine.

I'd have to admit no other games to date have scared me this much. And I play lots of horror games. Before that it was Doom II Monster Condo level (27). That was perfect too. The levels are dark, eerily and the soundtrack is just perfect.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
have you played system shock 2? that was a freaky game as well

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Got this game for the PC this week but haven't had a chance to install it yet. Hopefully I can try it out this weekend.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Clair de Lune
Good god, they designed her just perfectly. She's not just in-your-face scary, she's freaking WEEPING alone that echoes through the buildings. The closer you get to her, then the scary music accompanies the weeping.

The way her legs are cast aside on the floor and crying like a real woman, witnessing her alone sends the chill down my spine.

I'd have to admit no other games to date have scared me this much. And I play lots of horror games. Before that it was Doom II Monster Condo level (27). That was perfect too. The levels are dark, eerily and the soundtrack is just perfect.

PC or Console Clair de Lune?

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
have you tried thief 3? there's a part of the game where you play through an abandoned orphanage.... but it's not totally abandoned. At the start of the level you hear banging off in the distance. As you progress through the level and move closer and closer to the attic of the orphanage, the banging gets progressively louder and louder...

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: fuzzybabybunny
have you tried thief 3? there's a part of the game where you play through an abandoned orphanage.... but it's not totally abandoned. At the start of the level you hear banging off in the distance. As you progress through the level and move closer and closer to the attic of the orphanage, the banging gets progressively louder and louder...

This is OT not the PC or Console forum! :confused:

Clair de Lune

Banned
Sep 24, 2008
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

PC.. my bad. Take it away.

Sheesh.

Clair de Lune

Banned
Sep 24, 2008

Well, what's the banging once you find out?

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

PC.. my bad. Take it away.

Sheesh.

---

Relax and post in the proper forum next time.

Zim Hosein

Off Topic Moderator.

theblackbox

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2004
i vote for nicole from dead space. i just get chills. the witches remind me of the kids with teddybears from Screamers. "can i come with you"

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
She's a very well designed "monster" indeed, the music that accompanies her crying and despair is fitting just right, but there's absolutely nothing scary to her at all, in my opinion. In fact I think Left4Dead is more of a comedy than anything else, it's only the darkness of the levels that make it seem "scary", the rest is just so cliché/stereotype and exaggerated, and on purpose too, I remember Gabe Newell referring to the game as an interactive B-Movie zombie apocalypse.

The one game that gave me the creeps on several occasions is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, especially the X-18 Labs, and the forest level in Clear Sky in night time as well, but even in day time can be quite stressing, at least for me.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006

Well, what's the banging once you find out?

i dunno :(

my system crashed and i lost all my savegames. And I REALLY didn't feel like playing through it again to get back to that place.... brrrrr.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
In Thief 3, the level that scared me the most was 'The House of Widow Moira'. I can still remember climbing the spiral staircase to the dome in that level shrouded in darkness and the eerie music!

zagood

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
alma. f--- that bitch.

(edited for content - sorry I still jump when I replay, and I can only afford so much dry-cleaning)

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Fatal Frame scared me more than any other game, and it's only rated T...

Alma was pretty freaky as well, and so was most of System Shock 2.

Have yet to play Left 4 Dead, but I'll probably get it soon.

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Haven't played L4D yet, but I did find Alma pretty scary, not to mention the Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines haunted house.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: bunnyfubbles
punch the witch in the face

right before she incapacitates you in one hit and proceeds to rape your prostrate body...

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Meh i know i can kill her, she dont scare me. Nemesis from RE3 and that big thing from chapter 5 in dead space scared me because i couldnt kill them or at least i didnt know how.

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
I had a few hair raising moments in FEAR where the little girl would pop out of nowhere and dark shadows walking across a dark hall.

Scrimmy

Oct 19, 2007
Originally posted by: AmberClad
Haven't played L4D yet, but I did find Alma pretty scary, not to mention the Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines haunted house.

Haha, yep. Love the haunted house in VTMB. The shaking and exploding lamps and such make you really jumpy right when you get in there. Especially loved the kid's crayon drawing of the family with the father on fire.

Stiill remember the first time I played through and heard the ghost whisper "Be careful" right before the elevator comes crashing down. Such a great game. Troika was definitely the best game company that almost was, no thanks to Activision.