For $1 million, would you...

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

w00t

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2004
well, I put yes because you never stated that it might be a strip mall you didn't specify if it was an indoor mall. If it was a strip mall like i stated you could leave without doors :)

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
you said no firearms, you didnt say anything about fire/flammable stuff.
i would delight at roasting the lions in a mixture of motor oil and gasoline.
and putting a huge burning ring around me.
i would then eat some of the lions and pare out thier fvcking skulls for victory punch bowls the next day

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
I would say hell no.

But actually, if i could pick the mall, then sure.

I live in Edmonton, where we have West Edmonton Mall, & i think it's still the world's largest mall. Or close to that anyway.

It's huge enough the change of a random spawn nearby is quite unlikely.

And there's a lot of water in the mall, so i would just need to get there to the stuff in the water (on top), & i'd be fine.

At the same time though, if i couldn't make it to the water stuff...i'm dead :(

hellokeith

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2004
Yes. I've been in a mall late at night. I'd be quite a climber with lions on the prowl, and the million bucks would give me extra motivation.

crystal

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 1999
The mall got a bunch of place you can climb up. At one super mall, it got fake rock face where you can do "mountain climbing". Just climb up there and stay there for 8 hrs. Hell, with all the beding/furnitures I could easily barricake myself in a small room for 8 hrs. And you see all those propane tanks in the hardware stores? A small fire blocking any entrances and I can collect my 1 mil. after 8 hrs. :D

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
Go into the liquir store, pour booze all over the entry way, and light it on fire.......and hope the entire store doesn't catch fire.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: NatePo717
Sears + Ladder + Ventilation = easy 1 Mill

You dont think you have ot worry about the lions attacking you while you go, find the ladders, set it up, and climb up it?

Edit: and random spawn means there is a good chance of a lion being stuck in the ventilation and pissed :)

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: E equals MC2
I don't think you guys realize how ferocious, lightning fast and vicious full-blown female lions are capable of.

10 of them set loose in a mall... You're dead even if you have firearm. You probably can't aim to shoot it right when it starts to rush towards you at 50mph.

Ummm, most malls have tile/slippery floors... you think a lion is going to come flying at you? i would imagine it would burn rubber and get no where fast.

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Yes, but I'd take out a good health plan / life insurance plan and get in shape before that

and make my peace with God

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
whoever said that 10 lions in a mall = 75% chance that there will be a lion within 50yards of you is a moron.

how many stores does the average size mall have? How big is an average size mall.

Account for the number of stores, levels, additional walls/floors, and line of sight is a low chance...

But to the people saying use the elevator or escalator.. almost every average mall Ive been to only has one floor...

TreyRandom

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Most malls have a music store somewhere near the center of the mall. So, easy solution: run into the music store, grab a Celine Dion or Michael Bolton CD, and play it over the intercoms at full blast while I watch the lions writhe in pain. :D

Of course... if I don't find some way to quickly plug my own ears, I don't think I'll last the eight hours. :confused:

essasin

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2004
I would make a baracade of whatever I can find (most ideally furniture from a department store).

onebeeer2many

Aug 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy
I'm willing to wager the lions would never figure out the escalator.

Another strategy of mine would be to hide out in the "Yankee Candle" store. The powerful scents from the Housewarmer Jars, votives, and tarts would mask your aroma, and the lions couldn't locate you.

lol i love it !!!!! i am with saulbadguy

onebeeer2many

Aug 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Sureshot324
Go into the liquir store, pour booze all over the entry way, and light it on fire.......and hope the entire store doesn't catch fire.

dont waste the booze ARE YOU CRAZY??????

GundamSonicZeroX

Platinum Member
Oct 6, 2005
Originally posted by: onebeeer2many
Originally posted by: Sureshot324

dont waste the booze ARE YOU CRAZY??????

I'd rather have all ten of the lions spawn next to me then waste booze!!