Football vs American Football

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
football owns soccer and rugby not because of the hits, but because those other 2 are stupid fucking sports

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
I wish they had instant replay in Soccer and when people faked stuff they'd get carded and thrown out. It turns that sport into such a joke when they are all just wusses crying and whining about getting slide tackled and then pretending to trip and be hurt and then they get up and sprint 100 yards.

LS21

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
soccer would be so awesome if the plays were start-and-stop.

and if they get the ball out of bounds, they could stop the clock, so the trailing team could strategize a come-back plan. and if the ball is too far from the sidelines, they could spike the ball, and then have the clock stop again! if they let teams extend a 2-minute stretch into 30 minutes of real actual time, it would be so much more fun!

lyssword

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2005
maybe because this is comparing apples to oranges? The rules are completely different. In soccer they don't want to hit each other because they'll be penalized, in Am. Football you'll be rewarded.

overst33r

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
Originally posted by: lyssword
maybe because this is comparing apples to oranges? The rules are completely different. In soccer they don't want to hit each other because they'll be penalized, in Am. Football you'll be rewarded.

Hits in a contact sport are bound to be more physical than those in semi-contact sport...

Still entertaining nonetheless

dudeman007

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004
If you're going to compare two sports based on hits....soccer vs american football is a stupid argument.

Rugby on the other hand is much worse than american football.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005

It's like hockey to lacrosse!

lyssword

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2005
Originally posted by: potato28

It's like hockey to lacrosse!

more like lacrosse to basketball. Why aren't people tackling each other in basketball? Maybe they have no skill? :roll:

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
The rest of the world disagrees with you.

Personally, Soccer > Football because, including half-time, soccer will only last a few minutes past 2 hours. Football requires you to spend 3, 3.5, or close to 4 hours to watch it, with TONS of commercials. I find it hard to sit through a full football game.

Plus, all those awesome hits in pro football have devastating effects.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
58 seconds into that video has got to be one of the badest ass stiff arms ever.

Oh, and soccer is a bullshit "sport". I think we can all agree on that one.

se7en

Platinum Member
Oct 23, 2002
Soccer is fine I guess they should really have them wear dresses it would suit them all better. "Oh noes I have been tripped I shall rolleth around on the ground and cry like a b--ch, oh woe is me!!!!!".

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: dudeman007
If you're going to compare two sports based on hits....soccer vs american football is a stupid argument.

Rugby on the other hand is much worse than american football.

how so? not allowing tackle above waist height and not having an aluminum exoskeleton forces the players to be smart about how they attack.