Food - To mix or not to mix?

How do you eat your food on your plate?

• Sectioned away from each other. Definitley separate.

• I take my spoon, and i MIX EVERYTHING TOGETHER >:D

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
I like to mix my food together into a big swirl of crazy. The complexity of the textures, flavors, and visual elements combine to make an interesting and often rewarding experience.

What say ye?

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Only food that goes together, like turkey and potatoes or burgers and fries. Never mix salad with anything else, its too good by itself.
For the most part, I agree with you.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
It's always separated, unless it's something like beans and rice, or mashed potatoes and peas.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
If your food tastes better all mixed together like that then your food tastes like shit. Eat better stuff and you'll want to taste things in the normal way.

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
when i was younger i had a serious issue with non-complimenting foods touching on my plate. i would get extra plates or bowls so my foods didnt touch each other. and if they did, i wouldnt eat them.

im not quite that bad anymore, but i still prefer that foods stay in their own little areas on my plate.

yes, i am aware that this is probably a sign of some sort of mental disorder.

dont even get me started on candy like skittles or m&ms. >.>

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Everything is better with rice, and damn is Pizza a great example of "mix". In general I'd say definitely NOT to mix, but there are plenty of cases otherwise. I'm all mixed up.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
If your food tastes better all mixed together like that then your food tastes like shit. Eat better stuff and you'll want to taste things in the normal way.

I suppose it could also be a method used to hide poor tasting food, it's a valid argument.

Things I like to mix together if they are on my plate:

Mashed potatoes
Rice (any kind) (Indian food is sometimes best this way)
Pasta with meat/veggies etc.
Cole slaw
Beans/Chili

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I like to mix certain foods together, but not all the time. For instance, if I have chilli and macaroni salad/mac n cheese, I'll mix that shit up. But it'll be mixed up in a separate bowl from the rest of the meal.

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
I used to do it a lot as a kid back in Europe.

Potatos+beets + meat = sex

I still do it every now and then.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
when i was younger i had a serious issue with non-complimenting foods touching on my plate. i would get extra plates or bowls so my foods didnt touch each other. and if they did, i wouldnt eat them.

im not quite that bad anymore, but i still prefer that foods stay in their own little areas on my plate.

yes, i am aware that this is probably a sign of some sort of mental disorder.

dont even get me started on candy like skittles or m&ms. >.>

I didn't do that really badly except for breakfast places. I always wanted a separate plate for my pancakes so I wouldn't get syrup on my eggs or bacon. I have since embraced the union of bacon and syrup and I no longer care with eggs because they aren't that good to begin with.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
It's always separated, unless it's something like beans and rice, or mashed potatoes and peas.

Hell yes....beans and rice always get mixed together...so do mashed potatoes and peas or corn.

arrfep

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2006
I don't swirl them like you, but any time I eat a multi-item meal, I try to have more than one food in the fork at any time e.g. scoop up potatoes, then spear piece of turkey. One of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving dinner is the point where most of the foods have started to drift towards eachother on the plate.

One thing that I've always thought strange is when people at McD's will first eat ALL of their fries, then move onto the burger. Just can't do it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.