Food that can be brought on a trip? (Not snacks, but acutal food)

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Looking to save some money if possible on a 4 day trip.

So far I've only thought of..

Cold Sandwiches

Ideas people?

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
The food has to last 4 days? Do you have any ability to cook or microwave at all? If not, i'm not sure if i would go on that trip.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: SackOfAllTrades
potato salad might go bad quick

Hmm okay scratched that off. Didn't know.

Originally posted by: Moralpanic
The food has to last 4 days? Do you have any ability to cook or microwave at all? If not, i'm not sure if i would go on that trip.

Oh no, it doesn't have to last 4 days, just one day. So plan on buying it in the morning/afternoon and having it for dinner or what not.

Main problem is just that, no ability to cook or microwave. Going to be staying in a hotel. I have the money to eat out, but if I can save some might as well. Eating out just about every single meal for 4 days will be quite a bit.

BigPoppa

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Bread, sandwich fixins, potato chips. Pre grill some chicken that you've marinated. Make some fetticini alfredo beforehand. Chicken + alfredo = :), just store them seperately. I'm assuming you'll have a cooler? If so, you can bring basically anything you would want to eat cold really. We travel/camp a lot, have kept stuff like potato salad in coolers with no ill effects.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
You can use the heater vent in the hotel room to warm up burritos. Also, most any decent hotel/motel at least has a microwave in the room.

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
Hard fruit such as apples or oranges, dried fruit, real cheese will keep quite well(sharp cheddar), nuts, real bread, the unsliced type, caned fish, whole wheat crackers.
Trail mix, bottled water and juices.