Food poisoning

iskim86

Banned
Jul 6, 2001
www.isaackim.org
hey there,

on monday night I got food poisoning, but for some reason I'm not puking at all. I feel bloated, but nothing comes out from my mouth (I'm the kind that cannot burp, even with tons of gas in my stomach). I attempted to go to class on tuesday but passed out on my table at the cafeteria so I went back home (barely made it). went back to sleep around 4pm right after I walked back, woke up periodically throught he evening, until 10pm, when I felt better all of a sudden!

so the next day I eat some instant noodles and I'm fine. solid stool comes out around 6. then for dinner, the "pseudogirlfiend" insist that we get KFC for dinner. I give in. stupid me. diarrhea all night long!!!1 1! 11 godamit. this is horrible. I feel like shit for being so dumb and eating something so greasy (greasy food never causes problems for me - I ate burgers and fries almost everyday before, and no diarrhea and 140 steady). I also can't believe the pseudogirlfiend's glutonny outweighed my wellbeing. oh well can't blame her though

my question is this... what did you guys do when you guys were food poisoned? I was basically in bed since monday night, and I still feel like utter shit. I think the watershit's stopped for now (last diarrhea 30 minutes ago). Haven't puked... which is weird.

I'm thinking of mixing myself some protein shake/mass gainer concoction that I drink after I lift (after all, I barely ate anything for the past couple of days). would that be ok?

thanks for any advice. this is the first time I've gotten diarrhreal food poisoning and it sucks :(

iskim86

Banned
Jul 6, 2001
www.isaackim.org
Originally posted by: dbk
i drank a lot fluids and took pepto

did pepto help? I was told that no medication works for food poisoning (???)

I drank a lot of fluids in the past couple of days, but it seemed like it all came out of my rear end in a few minutes

Chryso

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2004
If you really have food poisoning the only cure is getting it all out of your system. It just takes a little time.

Krazy4Real

Lifer
Oct 3, 2003
Definitely drink a lot of water. You are at risk of dehydration. If it continues more than 2 days, you may want to call a doctor.

iskim86

Banned
Jul 6, 2001
www.isaackim.org
Originally posted by: Chryso
If you really have food poisoning the only cure is getting it all out of your system. It just takes a little time.

a friend told me that I might not have food poisoning, because I didn't puke. I'm sure symptoms are different from person to person, but could that be the case?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: iskim86

a friend told me that I might not have food poisoning, because I didn't puke. I'm sure symptoms are different from person to person, but could that be the case?
That all depends on what toxin may have caused the poisoning.

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
Fries and burgers everyday? Your digestive system must hate you! It sounds like your innards are BEGGING for water.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Are you sure it was food poisoning? 99% of the time when someone thinks they have food poisoning they don't actually have it.

I thought I had food poisoning twice but both times it was gastroenteritis (I think that's how it's spelled). HIGHLY contagious, makes you puke your guts out for 2 days, very unpleasant.

Apparently real food poisoning doesn't set in for something like 2 days after you ate the bad food. Gastroenteritis always hit me within hours of getting infected.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: silverpig
Apparently real food poisoning doesn't set in for something like 2 days after you ate the bad food. Gastroenteritis always hit me within hours of getting infected.
Not true. Food poisoning can hit within minutes of consumption. It all depends on the causative agent.

summit

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo
Originally posted by: iskim86

That all depends on what toxin may have caused the poisoning.

not toxin, bacteria or virus. if you have salmonella you probably won't puke, but it will come out your butt pretty hxc. 2 things, your instant noodles probably not smart eatting when you have food poisoning, only thing is good about that is sodium. however you eat food it takes approx 8-16 hrs to come out your butt. your kfc was probably not the cause for diarrhea.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
WebMD

You could try their symptom checker if it doesn't sound like food poisoning.

The time I think I got food poisoning, I puked about 8 times in one night then was fine. It could've been something else, but the same thing happened to my brother.

iskim86

Banned
Jul 6, 2001
www.isaackim.org
Originally posted by: jndietz
Fries and burgers everyday? Your digestive system must hate you! It sounds like your innards are BEGGING for water.

i've eaten greasy food without any concern all my life. in fact i'm trying to increase my calorie intake to help with my lifting, but it doesn't help! that KFC yesterday was an exception though, I'm gonna have to remember not to eat anything greasy when I'm sick :(