Foo Fighters-In Your Honor

CarlKillerMiller

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2003
Now, don't get me wrong, I've been a fan of this band since their first cd. I think that The Colour and the Shape is one of the best cds ever made, and that All my Life wasn't so good.

I went out this morning and bought the deluxe ed. cd and popped it in the car stereo as soon as I left the store. After listening to the album in its entirety, I've only come up with one thing to say: too much filler.

What's sold as a 20 song album could easily be cut down to 10 or 15 songs, leaving it an album to rival C&S. I'm not displeased with the album, I just know that on future, more casual listenings, I'll be switching tracks just a bit.

JetBlack69

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2001
The only thing I don't like so far is that my laptop can't read the cd side, but it can read the dvd side. The NIN dual disc read fine on both sides though :confused:

Nebben

May 20, 2004
I'm not a really big fan of FF, but I do like several of the songs on the second disc. Nothing really grabs me on the first disc. The first track had me thinking that it was going to be a good album, but it sorta crapped out.

The problem with this band is that too many of their songs are forgettable.

CarlKillerMiller

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Krk3561
On the first disc my favorite songs are Best Of You and DOA

Yeah, I believe that those are the singles planned for release right now. I'm not too sure about anything from the second disc, but I'd guess that Virginia Moon is probably one of them.

JonnyStarks

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2003
I like it, although haven't really listened to a lot of the songs past the 8th one or so on each disc. I am not a fan of the copyright proctection on the discs, I don't know if this is happening on a lot of albums lately, its just a pain in the bum.

Edit: Ok, I just tried to copy the songs to my HDD for listening in Winamp and I like the protection even less. Now I have to play with it so that the acoustic and electric tracks are not all intermingled :|

shud

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2003
This album blows monkey balls. It is nothing, absolutely NOTHING compared to The Colour and The Shape and if this is your idea of a 7.5/10 album your mind has been unfortunately warped by the current state of readily accessible rock music.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: shud
This album blows monkey balls. It is nothing, absolutely NOTHING compared to The Colour and The Shape and if this is your idea of a 7.5/10 album your mind has been unfortunately warped by the current state of readily accessible rock music.
:roll:

Alex

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
Originally posted by: Nebben
I'm not a really big fan of FF, but I do like several of the songs on the second disc. Nothing really grabs me on the first disc. The first track had me thinking that it was going to be a good album, but it sorta crapped out.

The problem with this band is that too many of their songs are forgettable.

kinda agree
after dave left nirvana and talked some sh!t about kurt i automatically decided FF would suck and have really gone from hating them in the past to respecting them today... some of their songs are pretty good but i don't particularly like any one record... a lot of their songs are kinda forgettable and i would have liked them to play harder instead of the pseudo-pop that some songs sound like...

either way i'll be listenin to the record soon

pmoa

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2001
I like it! i give it an 8/10 cause it's a pretty dynamic album, but then again nothing is as dynamic as Frank ZAPPA!

spacelord

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2002
I would give this a 5-6 out of 10. Pretty boring, actually.

Colour and the Shape is great.