Follow up to alcohol thread.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Hagbard in the other thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
I've never had a drink and don't intend to start.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remind me not to invite you to any of my parties
rolleye.gif

You get the idea. Non-drinkers are no-fun. You gotta drink to be cool.

Haha, I definitely don't follow the norm. Even with school, I was going into computers for the money but now I am switching to English because I want to make movies (my passion), I don't even care if I am poor anymore, I am going to have fun in my life and do what I want to do.

Jittles

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2001
Originally posted by: HotChic

Obviously then it's not you being cool, it's the alcohol. "Cool in a bottle, for those who just can't cut it themselves!"

They just did that study with the water and vodka where they all thought they were drinking and the ones that just had water still had impaired memory and acted more impaired.

It's all in your head. Some people (like me) are just shy and so if we are drunk or people think we are drunk, then they might act differently, or seemingly cooler than usual.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: SnapIT

The hand on the hips... i know where this is heading, he thought, and poured himself another glass of Zinfandel...

Your turn... ;)

"Zinfindel," she thought. "Does that even go with trout? Oh well." Her movements were sudden as she prestidigitated a good-sized fish out of nowhere and trout-smacked SnapIT upside the wine glass.

:p

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: ScottyB

rolleye.gif

Haha, I definitely don't follow the norm. Even with school, I was going into computers for the money but now I am switching to English because I want to make movies (my passion), I don't even care if I am poor anymore, I am going to have fun in my life and do what I want to do.

AND remember what you did... ;)

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002

rolleye.gif

I am getting a minor in psych and computer science though, just in case :p

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002

The hand on the hips... i know where this is heading, he thought, and poured himself another glass of Zinfandel...

Your turn... ;)

"Zinfindel," she thought. "Does that even go with trout? Oh well." Her movements were sudden as she prestidigitated a good-sized fish out of nowhere and trout-smacked SnapIT upside the wine glass.

:p

She did in fact think that she had him, but actually, he didn't look as surprised as she thought, he just smiled, it was a friendly smile, a from-the-heart smile... and went into the kitchen to get another glass...

"pour me a scotch" he said as he handed the glass to the surprised young woman...

Your turn...

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002

rolleye.gif

I am getting a minor in psych and computer science though, just in case :p

LOL!

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Liquid courage.

If you don't need it to have fun, more power to ya. I just find it easier to have a good (read great) time. I respect people who don't wanna drink, just as people respect me when I turn down pot.

NTB

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2001
straight from the other thread:

Personally? Never touched the stuff and probably never will. Just a personal choice though; my family and friends are free to do as they choose and it doesn't bother me, so long as they don't try to get me to drink. Why? Well, my family has some history of alcoholism, so I've seen the bad part of what it can do to someone. I figure if I don't start, I'll never miss it. On a less serious note, I've just never really seen a point to getting pissed, and I am plenty capable of making a perfectly good idiot of myself without having to be drunk :p

And yes, I am old enough to drink - Age isn't a problem (22)

Nate

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

She did in fact think that she had him, but actually, he didn't look as surprised as she thought, he just smiled, it was a friendly smile, a from-the-heart smile... and went into the kitchen to get another glass...

"pour me a scotch" he said as he handed the glass to the surprised young woman...

Your turn...

She hadn't put the trout down, still handling it menacingly. "You bastage!" she screamed, shattering the glass on the floor. "You don't think I know that's the scotch you opened last night when LordMaul was here? Of all the people... you could have ruined my life with... did it have to be LordMaul?"

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

Your turn...

She hadn't put the trout down, still handling it menacingly. "You bastage!" she screamed, shattering the glass on the floor. "You don't think I know that's the scotch you opened last night when LordMaul was here? Of all the people... you could have ruined my life with... did it have to be LordMaul?"

Oh, quit being the victim. You downed a case of Heinies before you even got there.

:D

/me apologizes for breaking into this precious scene

I killed the bouncer. Sorry, he didn't seem to like my clothes so I had to stuff him in the beer cooler.

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002

Your turn...

He would have screamed at her, but he was just so surprised, thunderstruck kind of... LordWHO he replied, you have to be kidding me, he isn't even my type...

Now, you clean up that glass and sitt your butt down, you do as i say... I could have ruined your life, if i wanted to, but i didn't, so relax, clean up and maybe i will rub your feet later on... if you act as you the woman you are...

Now get a new glass and pour me that scotch *women, why do i even bother, he tought*

Your turn... *he thought*

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: LordMaul

Your turn...

Oh, quit being the victim. You downed a case of Heinies before you even got there.

I killed the bouncer. Sorry, he didn't seem to like my clothes so I had to stuff him in the beer cooler.

this is MY scene, my precioussssss... ;)

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

He would have screamed at her, but he was just so surprised, thunderstruck kind of... LordWHO he replied, you have to be kidding me, he isn't even my type...

Now, you clean up that glass and sitt your butt down, you do as i say... I could have ruined your life, if i wanted to, but i didn't, so relax, clean up and maybe i will rub your feet later on... if you act as you the woman you are...

Now get a new glass and pour me that scotch *women, why do i even bother, he tought*

Your turn... *he thought*

Turned icily calm, she refused to give him the remotest bit of satisfaction by seeming to believe his innocent facade. "I won't buy into your lies like ThunderBooty did. And I won't grovel because you say to. You offer me a ride home from a My Little Ponies Collector's convention and you think that I'm some girl you picked up from a bar somewhere. Forget it. I'm going back to my great-grandma."

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

Your turn...

Bull, I was supposed to pick up HotChic later tonight. Touch her feet and you die...besides, do you know how much those gunboats can starts to smell? Wheeeeeewwww, after a day in her shoes, I tell ya....*whump*

::::Maul falls over backwards, revealing HotChic standing there with a doorknob in a sock in hand::::

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

Bull, I was supposed to pick up HotChic later tonight. Touch her feet and you die...besides, do you know how much those gunboats can starts to smell? Wheeeeeewwww, after a day in her shoes, I tell ya....*whump*

::::Maul falls over backwards, revealing HotChic standing there with a doorknob in a sock in hand::::

"Here!" she shoved the odd object into Maul's hands. "I don't even WANT to know what you use this for."

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002

Your turn...

Touch her feet? not until i get my scotch...

I am taking your advice to heart and will shower with her before... ;)

*Snap looks at the passed out Maul on the floor for a minute*

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002

"Here!" she shoved the odd object into Maul's hands. "I don't even WANT to know what you use this for."

And i don't care, he said calmly, now go into the kitchen and get another glass and pour me that scotch, this has been a disturbing night for me...

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Why do people look at you like you are a freak and ask, "How come?" when you say you don't drink?

The social pressure to drink is huge, and the "cool" factor causes ignorant people to make those types of comments.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

I use it when I go clubbing, in case my wooden one breaks when I'm near a nice baby seal.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

And i don't care, he said calmly, now go into the kitchen and get another glass and pour me that scotch, this has been a disturbing night for me...

She relented, knowing how much had gone on for him that day. "Only if you promise to keep your bloody hands off me and tell me why you attacked that yogurt in the store yesteday. Deal?"

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002

She relented, knowing how much had gone on for him that day. "Only if you promise to keep your bloody hands off me and tell me why you attacked that yogurt in the store yesteday. Deal?"

he smiles, my hands off? Like usual, he smirks as he says it...

Let me drink this scotch and then we hit the shower.... and this time... no biting...

I will tell you, he said, with the glass in his hand, kind of pondering why the scotch had a green shade... i did it for you, only for you...

He drank that scotch as if it was water, smiled at her, and said... let's go...

Your turn...

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

he smiles, my hands off? Like usual, he smirks as he says it...

Let me drink this scotch and then we hit the shower.... and this time... no biting...

I will tell you, he said, with the glass in his hand, kind of pondering why the scotch had a green shade... i did it for you, only for you...

He drank that scotch as if it was water, smiled at her, and said... let's go...

Your turn...

"Who do you think I am, HappyKitten?" she exclaimed. "Either you give me the backstory on the yogurt or I'm outta here right now. Besides, I've seen your shower before. The Marines are doing training drills in the mold."

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
*bmacd walks in without his pants on*

"How's this for something else to talk about? Ya...that's right...13 inches of pure italian sausage!"

-=bmacd=-