Follow-Up Test: 2004 Infiniti G35x

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

All in all, though, our complaints regarding the G35x are largely isolated to the interior, and not the driving experience. We found the G35x every bit as pleasant as the standard rear-wheel-drive version. The AWD x model commands an $1,800 premium over the standard G35 sedan and we feel the added safety is worth the cost for buyers in colder climates seeking a rewarding combination of a practical people mover and a fun-to-drive sport sedan.
Follow-Up Test: 2004 Infiniti G35x

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
The availability of AWD makes a great car even better IMO. The interior materials may be "average", but with the relatively low price I'd rather they cut costs there than in the powertrain or chassis. If you look at the Q45's interior you know that Infiniti CAN make a dashstroker's interior, just seems like they couldn't afford it here.

However, it's become a constant knock against their vehicles so I think they might be learning their lesson. I've heard the new interior of the '05 Altima is much nicer than it used to be so hopefully that trend will continue.