How To Folding@home new problem and possible fix.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
I have 4 of 5 2080TI's with this problem: Following exception occured: Particle coordinate is nan

So far, on one box, I uninstalled F@H then updated video drivers to 440 (linux) and reinstalled without the beta flag, and so far its working. Now I have 3 more boxes to fix. What a load of crap.

For some reason, all the 2060's and 1xxx series cards are unaffected, beta flag, drivers or otherwise.

Pokey

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 1999
I had a similar problem. It involved a work unit that came from Memorial Sloan Kettering, a COVID moonshot project. I don't remember all the details but it was a beta wu that got hung up. 1200 try's later, I let the good wu's finish and then deleted the offending work folder and all was well. It happened on two different rigs on separate and different gpus. So it was the wu that was the culprit. I reset those two rigs to advanced just to be safe.
I am not sure there is any advantage to setting the beta priority since there are no extra points awarded for beta wu's and there is the chance you get a bad wu.
FWIW

Last edited:
Reactions: Rudy Toody