News Folding @ Home breaks the 2 exaFlop barrier

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Amazing! Awesome! :openmouth: :blush:, I confess, it was largely down to me, I brought my Celeron 366@550 back online! :D

Added the FT youtube video linked at eoc to my FB home page (an interview with Dr. Bowman ).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Leeea and Ken g6

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
Looking at the team stats page and total stats page is crazy when it comes to the change in points over the last 3 weeks. Even crazier, we better step it up, or AWS folds is going to pass us in total points in like 5 days :D

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Actually AWS Folds is perhaps backing off? Yesterday this time, they were only 3.7 days away from overtaking us. Now they are at 4.4 days. 10 days or so back, they were 5 days away.

edit: Looks like they pulled the plug. Glad we are safe, but sad to see so much loss in power. (the overtake figure is based on a 7 day average output)

AWS pulls the plug.png

Reactions: Leeea

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
I wonder if this withdrawal will bring the exa-flops back down to less than 2?
Did they withdraw, or are they have problems getting WUs or changing the configuration? I haven't seen any press releases about AWS folding one way or another.

Edit - it looks like the Assign rate of WUs is still at about 133k / hour. Perhaps aws backed off to allow all the other participants to pull WUs?

Reactions: Leeea