• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Folding@Home bigadv EOL 3rd Anniversary Challenge: [H] vs TAAT

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
OK, so not a big deal, but I just got my 4th 5950x, but this one will just upgrade an existing 3900x. At least I will now have 4 of them, and they are worth 700k each in F@H if we are desperate.
If you do end up folding, I’d be interested to know how much gain you get going from a 16 core slot to a 32 core slot. In my system, while also folding with a gpu, I only seem to pickup minimal ppd going above 16 cpu.

Markfw

CPU Moderator, VC&G Moderator, Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 16, 2002
If you do end up folding, I’d be interested to know how much gain you get going from a 16 core slot to a 32 core slot. In my system, while also folding with a gpu, I only seem to pickup minimal ppd going above 16 cpu.
If I do, only one does GPU + CPU, but I can change it and let you know. Normally, everything for F@H is GPU, and everything for WCG/Rosetta is CPU.

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
I remember the times when Endgame and I were friends? Fond memories? :)

Edit 3: No longer a meme link. Can't find a good one, so this link... :)

Though I don't have an answer to the fatal End of Game / Line ! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Endgame124

ASK THE COMMUNITY