FO4 pre-order conundrum...

skeedo

Nov 29, 2004
I really want to pre-order FO4 from Bethesda site to get the free Great War t-shirt. However, as far as I can tell you can only get a physical copy that ships on Nov 10th. It'd be nice if they offered a digital version, or e-mailed you the steam code on the 10th but I'm told they don't. This means I have to wait at least 2-3 days to play. Anybody else in this predicament, especially those that have ordered the Pip-boy edition?

AHamick

Nov 3, 2008
Shirt costs 16.50 (22.50 with shipping) so is waiting worth it? I ordered the shirt on its own and will wait for a sale on the game, i plan to build a new PC soon so I dont mind waiting

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Mine conundrum is PS4 or PC. I have both on pre-order for the Pip-Boy edition.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I don't understand how this is even a question, if you have a PC that will play it well.

I've been debating picking it up for XB1 just because usually the console versions seem to be flushed out a little better on launch. It's a gamble either way though.

Right now I only have the Pip boy edition for PC pre-ordered.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I've been debating picking it up for XB1 just because usually the console versions seem to be flushed out a little better on launch. It's a gamble either way though.

Eh...for games like this not really.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013

Skyrim on PS3 would like a word.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
im hesitating too with Star wars come out...

im thinking if starwars can keep me busy until xmas, and hope FO4 goes on a XMAS sale... cuz i dont think i can do it the other way arround...

meaning id probably finish and get bored of FO4 b4 Starwars went on sale...

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001

im thinking if starwars can keep me busy until xmas, and hope FO4 goes on a XMAS sale... cuz i dont think i can do it the other way arround...

I was hesitating as well, but in the end I pre-ordered FO4 with the Season pass. Stars wars can wait until Xmas :)

D DoUrden

Jul 19, 2012
stop pre-ordering games.

If I am going to buy the game anyway and can get it at a good discount or some nice freebies then I will pre-order, I don't do it months in advance though. If I pre-order it's usually in the month before it releases.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
But isn't the Pip-Boy edition just fancy smartphone holder?

Pretty much like any of the other collector edition stuff that comes with games. Either you collect it or it's completely useless. This just happens to be one game where I want the collector's edition stuff.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013

I seriously doubt one of the biggest announces of E3 is going sale in less than two months after release.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
I seriously doubt one of the biggest announces of E3 is going sale in less than two months after release.

Skyrim was released on November 11 and it went on sale Dec 24, I got that sucker for $40USD which was a pretty surprising to me.

You never know.