FML: Damn does this suck

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
So over the past few days i have been getting progressively sicker...
first day was a sore throat (damn deepthroating)
second day was sore throat AND stuffy nose (damn deepthroating after blowing lines of coke)
third day was the same
fourth day began to suck....
i woke up sweating my ass off, with no covers on, in a 75F house... I could not breathe through my nose, i can't stop sweating, if i stand and let air all around my body i STILL sweat...

so today, i called off work, slept until 4pm, feel asleep at 10pm, woke up at 2am, and havent been able to fall back asleep...

to top it off, im lying here in my bed sweating my ass off...

I have been taking some Zicam, and 2 advil every 12 hours...
The advil helps the severe pressure that seems to build near my temples, as well as SOME of the "cold sweats"

but NOTHING will help me fall asleep...

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
I've been sick for 7 days now. I just gave up on trying to fall asleep for now. Very annoying.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
I've been sick for 7 days now. I just gave up on trying to fall asleep for now. Very annoying.

im to that point... the problem is that no matter where i go in my apt right now, i will sweat... and when i sweat, i smell, and when i smell, the furniture starts to smell, and when the... well yea...

i am thinking of taking a shower and seeing how i feel after that...

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Aug 6, 2001
im to that point... the problem is that no matter where i go in my apt right now, i will sweat... and when i sweat, i smell, and when i smell, the furniture starts to smell, and when the... well yea...

i am thinking of taking a shower and seeing how i feel after that...

I took 3 showers today. I'm going back to see the doctor again tomorrow (and by tomorrow, I mean today since it's 4am).

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
I took 3 showers today. I'm going back to see the doctor again tomorrow (and by tomorrow, I mean today since it's 4am).

i can toss a paper airplane and hit the campus med center, but i don't think ill go... it will go away, im feeling better, not 100% but im not at 50% like i was yesterday, im around 75-85% right now...

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
Odd season to be getting sick. Wife and I and one of my sons are getting over bronchitis, which almost sounds like a lot of your symptoms.

Turn on cspan, that should put anyone to sleep :p

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
i can toss a paper airplane and hit the campus med center, but i don't think ill go... it will go away, im feeling better, not 100% but im not at 50% like i was yesterday, im around 75-85% right now...
what do you have against going to the doctors? sounds like you are running a temp.

is your neck stiff? meningitis is nothing to fool with, neither is strep throat.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Odd season to be getting sick. Wife and I and one of my sons are getting over bronchitis, which almost sounds like a lot of your symptoms.

Turn on cspan, that should put anyone to sleep :p

ITs the start of college year again... hence sickness

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
congestion: sudafed

runny nose: benadryl <---makes you sleepy too.

I'd quit the zicam. has caused loss of smell. and it doesnt work

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
srsly, running a temp is time to go see a doc.

but...i worry too much. :p

last time i went to the doc, because i had a temp, you know what he said to do?

pop a few advil, keep hydrated, and let the fever fade...

it's about 98% identical to what happened this year, and i posted about that last time... because it was flu season...

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Aug 6, 2001
If I slept last night, it was for less than 15 minutes at a time :(

Going to doctor in 3 hours.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
If you're sick, take ephedrine or sudafed. It doesn't even matter how you're sick, those two seem to treat any condition known to man. I don't cough, I can actually breathe through my damn nose while eating (which prevents me from inhaling food then choking), I feel energetic, and I can go to work still!

Ephedrine and sudafed are also good for infecting all of your coworkers without them knowing who did it. You don't look sick, you're not coughing, not sneezing, your eyes look normal, but everything you touch in the office is still spreading germs.
The inside of me laughs a little bit when the following week there are 5+ people absent because they all called in sick.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
When I want to sleep, I drink alcohol and consume Benadryl.