Flux Capacitor $55 off. $220+ shipping

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rip

Feb 5, 2000
But if I could do one thing with time machine, it would be to travel back to the war era and provide intelligence on the Axis powers to save American lives and end the war sooner. Perhaps I'd put the flux capacitor on a train full of F-22s, M1A1 Abrams, ICBMs, B2 Sprits and Night Vision. America FOR THE WIN!
Yabut, you're forgetting about the space/time continuum thing.

gfunk4698844

May 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Googer
Hot deal on a new Flux capacitor for any car that can hit 88mph. $220 +shipping.

Text

I would get it just to warp back to the time of OP's post, lock it and shut all you jokers up.

Onund

Jul 19, 2007
Originally posted by: rip
But if I could do one thing with time machine, it would be to travel back to the war era and provide intelligence on the Axis powers to save American lives and end the war sooner. Perhaps I'd put the flux capacitor on a train full of F-22s, M1A1 Abrams, ICBMs, B2 Sprits and Night Vision. America FOR THE WIN!

What's that, if the war didn't drag on so long then the US would never aspire to be a military super power and there would be no F-22s and so forth so after Googer stops the war, the F-22s no longer exist and the war happens as history records, which means F-22s exist and Googer stops the war which erases the F-22s which causes the war to happen... oh crap, Googer, don't do it, you'll buffer overflow the universe.

Googer

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Onund
Originally posted by: rip

What's that, if the war didn't drag on so long then the US would never aspire to be a military super power and there would be no F-22s and so forth so after Googer stops the war, the F-22s no longer exist and the war happens as history records, which means F-22s exist and Googer stops the war which erases the F-22s which causes the war to happen... oh crap, Googer, don't do it, you'll buffer overflow the universe.

:thumbsup: for funny.

But if they had the blue prints and text books to build the F-22, we have one meaner aerial fighting machine today powered by cold fusion.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
WATCH OUT!!! It says that it's only a replica!!! It figures that they wouldn't give out the real one...

JameyF

Oct 5, 2001
A Diamond Select Release! Get your own time machine up and running with this high-tech replica from the 1985 classic Back to the Future! Reproduced with full light effects and adjustable power settings, the Flux Capacitor replica recreates the 1.21 jigowatt-controlling heart of the De Lorean time machine. Measuring over sixteen inches tall and twelve inches wide, each replica features hand-numbering with a matching box, Certificate of Authenticity and Care Instructions! Runs on three AA batteries.

Hell, if I would have known I could get time travel powered with 3 AA batteries, I wouldn't have hooked up my truck to that lightening rod.

jayR

Apr 25, 2000
I have a slightly more modest suggestion for time travel. Go back to Florida in 1997 and fix a few of those hanging chads. We wouldn't be in Iraq now.... oooooh. I think I threw a handgranade. Anyway, *****.

JameyF

Oct 5, 2001
Originally posted by: jayR
I have a slightly more modest suggestion for time travel. Go back to Florida in 1997 and fix a few of those hanging chads. We wouldn't be in Iraq now.... oooooh. I think I threw a handgranade. Anyway, *****.

Before making a statement like that, you may want to check your facts. I doubt you can site at least one media organization (or a reputable source) that did a full LAWFUL recount and showed a different outcome. Many of the left biased groups/media actually TRIED to show Gore would have won the election and FAILED. I said "failed" because it was an attempt to drum up news of how the election was stolen. I know of none that came to that outcome. CNN's own reporting. That's about as left as you can get for mass media. Even they had to conlude there was no way for Gore to win unless ballets that "were clearly invalid under any interpretation of the law" were counted.

As to your opinion...You have a right to it, and I understand and respect that. I, for one, am glad and very thankful we haven't had another attack on our soil since 9-11. That's not to say Bush's policy for Iraq has been perfect, but I'll give him the benefit of doubt, as he's kept pretty much all of us safe.

jayR

Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: JameyF
Originally posted by: jayR

Before making a statement like that, you may want to check your facts. I doubt you can site at least one media organization (or a reputable source) that did a full LAWFUL recount and showed a different outcome. Many of the left biased groups/media actually TRIED to show Gore would have won the election and FAILED. I said "failed" because it was an attempt to drum up news of how the election was stolen. I know of none that came to that outcome. CNN's own reporting. That's about as left as you can get for mass media. Even they had to conlude there was no way for Gore to win unless ballets that "were clearly invalid under any interpretation of the law" were counted.

As to your opinion...You have a right to it, and I understand and respect that. I, for one, am glad and very thankful we haven't had another attack on our soil since 9-11. That's not to say Bush's policy for Iraq has been perfect, but I'll give him the benefit of doubt, as he's kept pretty much all of us safe.

JameyF: Thanks for that thoughtful and respectful reply. (I was expecting to start a religous war.) Anyway, I agree that the election wasn't stolen in that sense. Gore did win the popular vote and if not for several other bad breaks (e.g. Nadar) would probably have won the election.

I know that playing what-if with history is just idle speculation. And things would likely not work out the way you might guess they would. I don't think the invading Iraq and various policies that Bush has persued has made us safer, better, country in the short term and they make me fear even more for the future.

Happy holidays, (if your celebrating any) JameyF.