Flushed my toilet paper holder down the toilet, now toilet wont flush well

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
I second what BillGates said, simply turn off the valve behind the toilet (may have to turn off water to entire apartment depending on how old the place is or how it's plumbed), flush to drain tank, soak up any remaining water with rags, remove bolts holding the toilet to the floor and just pull it up. Replace the wax ring for a few bucks after you've busted up or dislodged the spool and replace the toilet. It's easy to do.

I'm still laughing at the thought of the catfish in the toilet by the way. That catfish is gonna do nothing more than eat what comes his way until he's too large to live, then he'll die probably.

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
EDIT: oops i forgot im on my friends computer my handle is lowfatbaconboy eh......

eh i had a pretty bad instance in the dorms..... i was stuck in a 6 person room with 2 bathrooms (one big room no seperation or anything)

so we come back from xmas break to find latex gloves in the toilet in the bathroom (the one i don't use)
so they tried to flush it....and it clogged....then they thought it would be funny to pour some milk in there along with some pop tarts....

and then let it sit there for about a month or more (i stopped counting)
and since it wasn't the bathroom i used i said screw it and didn't feel like cleaning it....the smell got really bad after a while so they decided to draw a skull and crossbones on the door in sharpie and keep it closed at all times

while occasionally sparying air freshener in there

i don't know how they got it fixed
but im glad i don't have to deal with them anymore

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
Originally posted by: SethK28
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
Jesus. I should start a thread and talk about how I have to go poopoo but I can't cuz it just won't come out --WHAT DO I DO NOW, ANANDTECH FORUMS! WHAT DO I DO NOW?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!1one

Actually the point of the thread was to avoid a plumber,because I just dropped $2,000 on a car repair and $550 deposit for my new apartment. Not to mention I figured you all would find amusement in it

Then call one and ask for free advice.
rolleye.gif
My point was that everybody comes to Anandtech looking for every bit of advice they can find instead of turning to professionals. Now, granted, there are quite a few professionals here. But there aren't professionals for every field here. People have become so dependant on AT for everything that they can't think without the forum reply page open and can't do anything for their damn selves anymore.

LOL, wow man, that is so funny. You say this and then you go and post this

Please help me with my messy roommate because I am incapable of dealing with it on my own

LOL, you are too funny man.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Rogue
I second what BillGates said, simply turn off the valve behind the toilet (may have to turn off water to entire apartment depending on how old the place is or how it's plumbed), flush to drain tank, soak up any remaining water with rags, remove bolts holding the toilet to the floor and just pull it up. Replace the wax ring for a few bucks after you've busted up or dislodged the spool and replace the toilet. It's easy to do...
I third the suggestion, it's right on.

When my oldest son was about two years old, he came into the bathroom and grabbed a Mennen Speed Stick and tossed it just as my wife flushed. She said she saw it hit the bottom of the toilet just as the whirlpool was at top speed. Took it right down, unbelievably.

I had to take the toilet tank off and unbolt it from the floor. Tapped the toilet against the floor upside down and it popped right out. Have all new seals, tank gasket, tank to toilet connector bolts, and anchor bolts ready to go before pulling it apart.