Flushed my toilet paper holder down the toilet, now toilet wont flush well

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
My mom did the same thing but the toilet didn't clog. And how'd it fall in?

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
Jesus. I should start a thread and talk about how I have to go poopoo but I can't cuz it just won't come out --WHAT DO I DO NOW, ANANDTECH FORUMS! WHAT DO I DO NOW?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!1one

Ahahahah one priceless

SethK28

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Bootprint
Originally posted by: SethK28
Just think you wouldn't of had this problem if you swallowed your pride and went fishing for it before flushing... :)

Well I had a bean burrito for dinner the night before, so I dont think pride was at stake. It was nasty as hell, one of those ones where the water turns solid brown, that in combination with the shear amount of toilet paper in there, hell I would have been fishing for minutes.

But if you found something, you could just squeeze. When you find something that doesn't melt in your hand :), you've got the holder...

Yeah I thought about that, but then well I just couldnt bring myself to do it

SethK28

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2003
Originally posted by: idNut

I put a new roll on before I shat, but I guess it didnt click in place. So when I went to tear off the paper it snapped off landed in my lap and before I had a chance to grab it, it fell between my legs.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Just think you wouldn't of had this problem if you swallowed your pride and went fishing for it before flushing... :)

Well I had a bean burrito for dinner the night before, so I dont think pride was at stake. It was nasty as hell, one of those ones where the water turns solid brown, that in combination with the shear amount of toilet paper in there, hell I would have been fishing for minutes.

I find amusement from this story btw. You should have tried to fish it out with a coat hanger or a stick or something, you wouldn't have had to use your hand or anything. Now it is too late. The plumber will have to get it out, and don't take anymore dumps in there or it could back up on your floor....not THAT would be amusing to hear about.

Konigin

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Konigin
Jesus. I should start a thread and talk about how I have to go poopoo but I can't cuz it just won't come out --WHAT DO I DO NOW, ANANDTECH FORUMS! WHAT DO I DO NOW?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!1one

Wait I'll call LordMaul, I'm sure he'd have some imput on that.

Nah. Jeff doesn't have problems with "stoppages" much. His boyfriend cleans it out quite often.

Which one? ;)

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

Wait I'll call LordMaul, I'm sure he'd have some imput on that.

Nah. Jeff doesn't have problems with "stoppages" much. His boyfriend cleans it out quite often.

Which one? ;)

HAHAHAHA!! :D Jeff is going to kill me :p

Jan 18, 2001

I put a new roll on before I shat, but I guess it didnt click in place. So when I went to tear off the paper it snapped off landed in my lap and before I had a chance to grab it, it fell between my legs.

why didn't you pick it out BEFORE you flushed it?

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Roll up your sleeves and reach in there and pull it out.

Don't be a pussy.

amish

Tried that already, no go

In that case you'll have to remove the toilet to get to it *or* call a plumber.

amish

SethK28

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2003
Originally posted by: yamahaXS

Simply put I didnt think it would go down, nor did I want to have a fist full of poo

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002

Simply put I didnt think it would go down, nor did I want to have a fist full of poo

Haha, Fist Full of Poo. Sounds like a really bad western with Clint Eastwood...

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Look on the side of the base of the toilet (below and behind where you sit).... You'll probably see a curvey "S" shaped section. The holder probably got that far and was unable to turn the "corner" and is now wedged there. Ultimately you could drain the beast completely, unbolt the toilet from the floor, remove the obstruction, add a new wax ring, reassemble, and be good as new. Total time, aboot 1 hour; total cost, $5-$10 if you have most of the required tools (not many).

Make sure you're prepared for extra spills even if you've drained everything, so pick up rugs, clothes, small animals, etc before disassembling everything.

Be a MAN!!

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

Haha, Fist Full of Poo. Sounds like a really bad western with Clint Eastwood...

LOL! :D

littleman

Golden Member
May 19, 2000

yeah thats pretty disgusting. fist full of poo. :disgust:

Dec 28, 2001
You sir, are an idiot.

This is coming from a guy who managed to almost burn the apartment down with a microwave yesterday . . ..

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Jehovah
You sir, are an idiot.

This is coming from a guy who managed to almost burn the apartment down with a microwave yesterday . . ..

How did you manage that? :D

Graphicd00d

Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Jehovah
You sir, are an idiot.

What the hell were you tring to do. Roast a cat for lunch?

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
If it hasnt been said already replace your toilet for under a hundred bones... its still in the toilet not in the pipes

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

That's not what happened, was it? You used the whole roll to wipe! :)